• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sprint apps

I have searched for a way to prevent the pre-installed Sprint apps from running on my Epic, but can't seem to find one that doesn't involve rooting and un-installing them. As much as I don't want to have them starting up on me all the time, I am not comfortable rooting my phone. I have tried to "kill" them using both Samsung's task manager and Advanced Task Killer. The continue to start up on their own periodically. Anyone else noticing this? If so, have you found a fix? I think this is the biggest killer of my battery. I am new to Android, and might just be showing it, but any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

The sprint apps that you continue to see "running" are actually pretty much dormant. For what I can remember whenever you open certain things like the dialer or gmail it will automatically trigger (insert sprint app here)....it doesn't mean they are actually running. You can kill them off with a task killer but they are doing no harm to the battery as it's pretty much an Android thing no matter what the phone carrier or manufacturer. So unless you want to root the phone, which I don't know why you would be hesitate if they are driving you crazy, LOL...it's the only way to get rid of the stock apps. I wouldn't worry about them eating your battery, I'd check to see if you have the problem with the "time without signal" problem going on and make sure your display isn't cranked up all the way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones