Sprint at CTIA Mar 24th

Last Updated:

1. mbell75

mbell75 Banned This Topic's Starter

Well Sprint is there the whole 4 days but Dan Hesse (Sprint CEO) will be speaking. This is where Sprint will probably announce future devices and such. Just a heads up.

Advertisement
  2. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

3. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Really think so? I am putting $10 on the table that they just flap their lips about 4G.

4. amjo

amjo New Member

I'm with you

5. troyboytn

troyboytn Well-Known Member

Agreed about the 4g comment, but hopefully that will fall in line with a 4g phone....rumored Supersonic? Possibly? Though, at this point I am not even slightly optimistic.

6. mbell75

Well 4G is a given but I think they will announce some new phones since everyone else is starting to. They may not be Android phones though, we'll see.

7. 702DROID

702DROID Well-Known Member

this should be in the sprint sub forum not the sprint hero forum

8. Covert_Death

just being optimistic lol, hey, they HAVE to announce a new android phone sooner or later, might as well be hopefull it is at ctia.

9. mbell75

10. mbell75

Sprint is now backtracking on the "summer" timeframe. 2nd article. Wonder what this means for the CTIA address. Are they going to show phones that wont come out for 6 months?

Dialed In - CNET Blogs

11. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

Well, Sprint hasn't exactly been known to give specific timeframes lately, so I can't imagine they'd say "by summer", at least not until it's within a month or two of coming out :p

12. MikeMcG

MikeMcG Well-Known Member

Maybe they'll announce a new Instinct...........haha

13. Covert_Death

oh god not another, that is the biggest phone fail ever, i never got have the stuff i was prommised... WHERES my APP MARKET SPRINT!

14. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

While it may seem that the stars are aligning themselves. And I would like to be positive about such an announcement (of the 4G Supersonic), something tells me that it won't. True, there was the announcement recently of more cities to be added for 4G service, and that Sprint's Dan Hesse and Clearwires' William Morrow will be at the CTIA event in LAS, but being that this is the first 4G phone made by HTC for the US, and being that they are not at the event, leads me to believe that the Supersonic will not be mentioned or unveiled at the event. Just talk about 4G by both Hesse and Morrow.

TS out

15. pickup1

pickup1 Well-Known Member

hmm...

16. chum1600

chum1600 Well-Known Member

I really hope sprint has something amazing in store for us. I am not one of those people that is going to leave sprint because of their phone lineup, but I am tired of getting all the cool phones 3-6 months after the rest of the world. I want to see sprint give us something to brag about to our friends. This could be the year sprint makes an awesome come back if you pull out an amazing 4G phone sooner rather than later.

17. twospirits

But i rather them pull it out much later without any bugs, than sooner with.

TS out (getting bug spray)

18. profjoe

profjoe Member

19. twospirits

I am referring to them speaking at the event. Naturally they will have a booth there.

TS out

20. profjoe

profjoe Member

Ah, that makes sense.

21. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

Even if they don't speak at the event, wouldn't the CEOs just say something like "Please come see our previews of these amazing devices at the Sprint, Clearwire, or HTC booths?"

Did HTC speak during the introduction of the Hero for sprint?

22. Covert_Death

no because the hero had already been announced... there's no point in making a huge deal out of a phone that already exists that is just being ported to another carrier...

the SS on the other hand is a HUGE deal, it has crazy specs left and right and is the first stateside 4G phone, RUNNING ANDROID. if i created that monster i'd be going EVERYWHERE with it as my rightside companion... htc would be dumb NOT to be at the SS announcement

23. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but does most manufacturers/carriers usually bring out their latest phones near the end of the 3rd quarter or during the 4th quarter of the year? Somewhere between September and November?

24. twospirits

Can't say for other manufacturers but for Sprint, these are the total amount of new phones it released per quarter for the last 4 calendar years...[table][tr][td]Year[/td][td]Qtr 1[/td][td]Qtr 2[/td][td]Qtr 3[/td][td]Qtr 4[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]0[/td][td]13[/td][td]5[/td][td]9[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]0[/td][td]8[/td][td]5[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]2[/td][td]5[/td][td]6[/td][td]6[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]1[/td][td]6[/td][td]7[/td][td]7[/td][/tr][tr][td]Total:[/td][td]3[/td][td]32[/td][td]23[/td][td]29[/td][/tr][/table]

Whats interesting in researching this is the fact that Sprint has released on average 20 phones per year.[table][tr][td]Year[/td][td]# of phones[/td][/tr][tr][td]2006[/td][td]27[/td][/tr][tr][td]2007[/td][td]20[/td][/tr][tr][td]2008[/td][td]19[/td][/tr][tr][td]2009[/td][td]21[/td][/tr][/table]

* source Cell Phone Reviews and News - Welcome to Mobiledia

TS out

25. Covert_Death

wow that is interesting.. i don't even see 20 phones in their store lol and some have been there for years... where do all these phones GO?!!!!!?!!????!?!?