• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint AWE Software Enhancement

Trying to sideload/push my build.prop back using adb and keep getting
error: closed

the device shows up as this under adb devices:
List of devices attached
433f9d6f host

am I screwed :-/

Update:
Cleared Data/Cache, same black screen, but now see device as 'device and not host'.
But now am getting:

failed to copy 'c:/build.prop' to 'system/build.prop': Read-only file system

Further update:
I've tried all sorts of combinations "shell then su then mounting and changing the permissions"it always then drops the device and says there is none. I'm going insane and freaking out, need my phone operational for work :-/ Any help is appreciated!!!

Upvote 0
Trying to sideload/push my build.prop back using adb and keep getting
error: closed

the device shows up as this under adb devices:
List of devices attached
433f9d6f host

am I screwed :-/

Update:
Cleared Data/Cache, same black screen, but now see device as 'device and not host'.
But now am getting:

failed to copy 'c:/build.prop' to 'system/build.prop': Read-only file system

Further update:
I've tried all sorts of combinations "shell then su then mounting and changing the permissions"it always then drops the device and says there is none. I'm going insane and freaking out, need my phone operational for work :-/ Any help is appreciated!!!

Do you have update.zip of the stock Rom as you can flash that through the stock recovery my phone did the same thing the first time i edited the build.prop

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hmmm... Since avoiding this enhancement I've noticed that when checking my VM account online it doesn't show anything for the amount of data used. Anyone else have that situation?

Yes, it's a glitch on their website. Many customers are experiencing it. One person was apparently told that a fix is expected 9/14. Unfortunately they appear to still be able to track data usage and implement a throttle.

Upvote 0
Yes, it's a glitch on their website. Many customers are experiencing it. One person was apparently told that a fix is expected 9/14. Unfortunately they appear to still be able to track data usage and implement a throttle.
Throttling is done server side which means is not avoidable as they monitor ur meid... As far as tracking ur data usage its built into the device under settings
5928fa22584e822481fe92d390812490.jpg

Upvote 0
There is a new "enhancement" being pushed by Virgin Mobile. Does anyone know if using build.prop from the new OTA file will kill the nag?

I don't want to move to a new ROM if I don't have to--though, if a new ROM will let me use tethering without the hassle of the tether app, it might be worth it.

No, will need a new ota fix for the new updates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones