Sprint Bill Question

Last Updated:

1. bobcat

bobcat Member This Topic's Starter

I am a new customer switching from AT&T to Sprint and had a few questions on how their billing works.

I signed up for 3 phones on a family plan which came to around $500 upfront before rebates. They charged this to my card awhile ago and now that I received my first bill it shows around -$400 due. On my bill it shows the $500 as a 'payment' but does not list the charges for the phones so after the service charges on my first bill it is around -$400.

Now I know that this negative $$ is wrong but is this normal? Should I wait for my next bill and see what happens? If they don't correct my bill I could be looking at around 3 months of free service... Should I call them and tell them about their mistake or see what happens :confused::confused:

Advertisement
  2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

If its a mistake then you should definitely make the call

3. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

I would call to get this sorted out. It could become a problem.

4. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

You should be able to document and calculate the correct charges and don't overlook the prorated charges on the first bill. I would be prepared to pay it when due and/or invoiced on a correct statement. In the meantime I would use their money while they sort it out.

5. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

no it is correct, your phones are "billed" to the service account, so the payment you made is credited to the "service" account, it allows them to track your phone purchases and keep better records of what devices you have owned and when you bought them. Next month the phones charges will show up and that balance due will become a nice triple digit positive number. I first noticed this "issue" when ordering my phone from sprint's website, you can avoid this problem by shopping at BestBuy. <-- prefered place to purchase sprint phones; however I got my Evo at Radio Shack