• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sprint Bricked my Phone

i VTAK

Android Expert
Feb 10, 2010
Indiana,USA
Well I've been reading about the CL14 update for the last week, trying to decide whether I wanted my wife to get it on her Moment. Her phone had none of the bugs other Moments had other than horrible battery life so I haven't pushed her to get it (she did't want to deal with setting it up again after a wipe). Today she got the text from Sprint about the update and I finally convinced her we should go have it done. So we went in to have it done and while they were doing it they said it wouldn't take the ROM and the screen froze. Good news is, we got a brand new one no charge, and it was already updated. Now I'm glad my computer is too old for me to have tried the update myself!!! Also, this has decided for me to NEVER root my Hero, which I've been contemplating but been too scared.

Holy crap.. windows ME? Can I buy that off of you to put in my grandma's antique cabinet? lol

ME and 2K are two completely different versions. 2K is the updated NT and designed to be a network client. One of my computers at work is 2K and with a gig of ram and a decent graphics card it runs circles around newer versions with the same hardware. ME on the other hand is complete crap.

Upvote 0
ME and 2K are two completely different versions. 2K is the updated NT and designed to be a network client. One of my computers at work is 2K and with a gig of ram and a decent graphics card it runs circles around newer versions with the same hardware. ME on the other hand is complete crap.

X2, 2000 is great. Most of the Windows 5.1(XP) compatibility and drivers in a small install without having to deal with the abysmal performance and lack of NTFS support from Windows 4.X.

I had a P2-366 Sony laptop and it ran like a top with W2K on a 4GB compact flash hard drive conversion. Loved it!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones