• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint buyback program/issues with the program!!

814 htc evo

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2011
Erie, Pa
So I sold my evo 3d which was in mint condition back to my local sprint store the day I recieved my pre order evo 4g LTE on May 24th.. I went right to that store the same day and sold me evo 3d to them! Well since then a week after I checked my buyback status and no info? And iv checked time and time again and no info on my evo 3d which I sold back to the sprint store for a $90 credit..well to this day I still have no $90 credit, or any info on the status of my device!? I'd really like to know wth is going on?

The rep at the store did tell me it takes 1-3 billing cycles to get the credit which is fine but at the same time does that also mean 1-3 cycles for the status to show up!?the rep I sold my evo 3d back to told me he sent all buybacks out the next day!

when I contacted sprint a week later when I noticed I still had no status they told me that all buybacks through the store level we (we as in us the sprint community users) Haveto deal with that specific store!! So I called back to that store and that's when he told me, that he had sent all his buybacks back that next day so may 25th they got sent out and its now what June 16 and still I have no status?? No $90 credit?? Nothing..so I just emailed sprint again but this is my first buyback ever so if anyone knows anything about this please help!!! Thanks guys :)

You did say in your first post that the rep said it could take up to 1 to 3 billing cycles, then your not even close, and I would also go back to that store and get a receipt from him, if something happens to this guy you have no proof of selling them the phone.

Still waiting for sprint buyback department to reply to my latest email about this issue!

Upvote 0
I sold my evo 3d back to a non corporate sprint store which I didn't know about until after but its 100% sprint just not corporate and I sold it back the next day after I already received my evo 4g LTE... I pre ordered my evo 4g LTE through sprint.com on May 7th so there was no way for them to do this credit off the phone or bill right in the store like you guys are referring to..

My friend did this when she picked up her evo 4g LTE in store with her old evo 4g but my situation was different so I was unable to do that so I took it to a sprint store told the rep what I wanted to do, he took my acct info and told me I'd be looking at $90 and I said great then he said it takes usually 1-3 billing cycles for the credit to appear...I'm just wondering why on the buyback check status website it still shows no info whatsoever for my device being received by sprint or anything? I def sold them my mint evo 3d thanks to my otterbox defender since day 1 of owning the 3d evo for $90 and I refuse to let this disappear like I never gave them the device

Upvote 0
Well boys billing cycle #2 has just passed for me as of yesterday and still no status on the buyback website...1 more month then time to raise heck because sprint owes me $90 for my evo 3d and I have yet to see it...they said 1-3 months so il wait until the 3rd month but after that its on!!

Have you talked to the store that "bought back" the device recently?

Upvote 0
Yeah its a non corporate store, and no reciept was given or offered he just took my device and asked for my account info and name and said okay it usually takes 1-3 billing cycles...so as of this moment no word on that yet? Still waiting...once I receive my 3rd bill and no credit he told me to call him back last time I freaked out on him because I feel like I'm getting screwed so he told me if nothing by the 3rd bill to call him back and he will track it down and make sure I get my $90 credit they owe me! So we shall see once the 3rd bill shows up il be sure to update you guys. Thanks

Upvote 0
Yeah its a non corporate store, and no reciept was given or offered he just took my device and asked for my account info and name and said okay it usually takes 1-3 billing cycles...so as of this moment no word on that yet? Still waiting...once I receive my 3rd bill and no credit he told me to call him back last time I freaked out on him because I feel like I'm getting screwed so he told me if nothing by the 3rd bill to call him back and he will track it down and make sure I get my $90 credit they owe me! So we shall see once the 3rd bill shows up il be sure to update you guys. Thanks

I have to say that if you were my customer and 'freaked out' on me I would not be that willing to help you as much. If you were nice about it then I would be more willing to do everything I can to track it down. Yes, they owe you $90. Okay. But it isn't his fault that the place we have to send buybacks to hasn't credited your account. It sounds like he is trying to help. Why not be nice to someone who is trying to help you.

Upvote 0
I have to say that if you were my customer and 'freaked out' on me I would not be that willing to help you as much. If you were nice about it then I would be more willing to do everything I can to track it down. Yes, they owe you $90. Okay. But it isn't his fault that the place we have to send buybacks to hasn't credited your account. It sounds like he is trying to help. Why not be nice to someone who is trying to help you.

I wasn't going to freak out on him my friend.. relax lol I agree with you! I'm on your side lol

Upvote 0

Every time I went into a non corporate store I had nothing but problems. I will never use one again. Everything takes months longer and nothing is ever fixed the first time. The lesson here is to go to the corporate stores because things get done faster and more efficiently.

Upvote 0
Every time I went into a non corporate store I had nothing but problems. I will never use one again. Everything takes months longer and nothing is ever fixed the first time. The lesson here is to go to the corporate stores because things get done faster and more efficiently.

I agree and trust me I have learned my lesson!

Upvote 0

That is not always true. If someone in my area got that advice and took it they would be at the corp store for at least 2 hours and then have things added to their account without being told. The two preferred retailers are much quicker. I can have someone in and out in less than an hour. I did an upgrade today that took 20 minutes. That is from start to finish. And the repair center in our town is a preferred retailer. So going to the corp store would get a customer nowhere as far as fixing a phone is concerned. Just because you have had bad experiences at non corp stores does not mean that they are all bad. Nor does it mean that all corp stores are all good.

Reactions: tenceriker
Upvote 0

I agree and trust me I have learned my lesson!

That is not always true. If someone in my area got that advice and took it they would be at the corp store for at least 2 hours and then have things added to their account without being told. The two preferred retailers are much quicker. I can have someone in and out in less than an hour. I did an upgrade today that took 20 minutes. That is from start to finish. And the repair center in our town is a preferred retailer. So going to the corp store would get a customer nowhere as far as fixing a phone is concerned. Just because you have had bad experiences at non corp stores does not mean that they are all bad. Nor does it mean that all corp stores are all good.

I have a hard time with this one.. I have had terrible luck with Sprint stores that are not owned and operated by Sprint. They always want to charge me for the "little extras" that should be free (such as transferring contacts). On the other hand, when I go to a true (Corporate) Sprint store... they are always willing to do whatever I want without charging me any extra fees. For this reason, I have always recommended people I know to "real" Sprint stores. I know it varies based on where you are.. but after 10 years as a Sprint customer... the Corporate stores have proved amazing customer support.

Upvote 0
I have a hard time with this one.. I have had terrible luck with Sprint stores that are not owned and operated by Sprint. They always want to charge me for the "little extras" that should be free (such as transferring contacts). On the other hand, when I go to a true (Corporate) Sprint store... they are always willing to do whatever I want without charging me any extra fees. For this reason, I have always recommended people I know to "real" Sprint stores. I know it varies based on where you are.. but after 10 years as a Sprint customer... the Corporate stores have proved amazing customer support.

We don't charge for any of that. The corp store here doesn't even have the machine to do it. They also won't do anything for you if you didn't buy your phone from them.

Upvote 0
Okay so last night I checked my status for my evo 3d I had sold back to sprint because my 3rd bill should arrive any day now and it showed my re occurring bill no rebate that I should have within 1-3 months of selling my evo 3d back to sprint !?!?! So I geuss on to the sprint store I sold it back to..this is rediculous!!! I better get the $90 I was told I'd get within 1-3 billing cycles because I no longer have that device and I was under the impression sprint buyback would be trustworthy!! :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones