Sprint buying Virgin USA

Last Updated:

1. jmarkso

jmarkso Member This Topic's Starter

I've rather limited knowledge about how these things work, so the rather simple question is. With sprint buying Virgin mobile USA will it increase sprint's network coverage?

Advertisement
  2. Ataranine

Ataranine Well-Known Member

Isn't Sprint circling the drain anyway? Buying a service no one uses isn't going to help them a bit.

3. jmarkso

jmarkso Member This Topic's Starter

People keep saying they are. Though they paid off 1 billion of a 4 billion debt. Personally the only reason I'm considering sprint is,
    1) $70 all I can eat. I just don't want to pay $100 a month.
    2) Most everyone says their data is quite fast and reliable
    3) HTC Hero, which really should be first because if they didn't have the hero I'd not have much interest.

4. Ataranine

Well they didn't pay off all of it, now did they? :p
    Sprint is going under soon. And when it does you'll be out of a provider..unless one of the other, good, companies decides to buy them.

5. cheri703

cheri703 Member

if you're that antagonistic regarding sprint, you don't own a sprint phone, and you have nothing AT ALL to contribute, why exactly are you hanging around the SPRINT forums?

6. Ataranine

Because they're available to me. Sawwwwyyy.

7. pdragon

pdragon Well-Known Member

If you've nothing useful to contribute to this forum, please stay out of it.

8. Xodus1914

Xodus1914 New Member

Sprint's going under? They are expanding the 4G network, ATT is losing it's shirt with the iphone and T-MO is in distant fourth, and SPRINT is the one you're woried about? You're an iphone fanboi, right?

9. egkor

egkor Well-Known Member

Question: How is AT&T losing it's shirt with the iPhone?

I'm a Sprint customer ... and all I know about AT&T is what I read on the various forums.

Thanks,
    -Gary K

10. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i dont think sprint is in any immediate danger.. with them having boost as there prepay i dont see the logic in them buying another but kudos to them

11. arashed31

arashed31 Active Member

Doesn't Sprint already own Virgin Mobile? I know they're a virtual provider using Sprint's network but I read somewhere that they already own Virgin Mobile and Boost Mobile.

12. s.hines

s.hines New Member

As of November 24th Sprint completely owns Virgin Mobile. Before that they owned a percentage (I think around 17%), but the majority shareholder was Virgin Group. What Sprint did with this transaction is buy out the shareholders to own the company outright. Virgin Mobile subscribers already counted towards Sprints total subscriber count but the transaction allowed them to combine Virgin Mobile and Boost to lower operating cost and increase profit (in theory).

13. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

There's no way sprint will just go bankrupt and Dick over all of ther customers people sorry I don't see that happening