• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint canceling your service

D

Deleted User

I have heard people getting letters from Sprint saying Sprint is canceling their service because the person has roamed too much. Let's say I get one such letter. I assume I have x amount of days before service is actually stopped? During that time, I assume I can port my number over to a new carrier?

Has anyone run into this scenario?

It happened to one of my favorite developers for the D2Spr, but he wasn't exactly upset. He did say that he was confused as to how it was possible since he almost never roamed (or at least the phone never depicted that it was in roaming). In any event, it just allowed him to jump over to T-Mo and pick up an N4 under their off-contract unlimited plans.

Upvote 0
It happened to one of my favorite developers for the D2Spr, but he wasn't exactly upset. He did say that he was confused as to how it was possible since he almost never roamed (or at least the phone never depicted that it was in roaming). In any event, it just allowed him to jump over to T-Mo and pick up an N4 under their off-contract unlimited plans.

Yeah, part of me wouldn't mind that happening to me ;-) However, I do know why I roam a lot. That is because I force roam on Verizon since Sprint's data speeds are pathetic where I am at....

Upvote 0
Yeah, part of me wouldn't mind that happening to me ;-) However, I do know why I roam a lot. That is because I force roam on Verizon since Sprint's data speeds are pathetic where I am at....

Don't be surprised then when you eventually receive that letter. You are taking advantage of the company and more or less stiffing the rest of us with the bill. Not cool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones