Sprint can't help with messagingSupport

Last Updated:

1. lcso1638

lcso1638 Member This Topic's Starter

I've had my Hero since mid January and with the default messaging app when i sent out texts I would get a message back from 9230 saying "Message sent using invalid number of digits. Please resend using 10 digit number or valid short code. Msg 2114." I checked my numbers and they were 10 digit numbers. I downloaded Handcent and that seemed to fix the problem.

Yesterday, Handcent started doing the same thing. Called Sprint and was transferred from one tech agent to another. They had me do resets and something with a MSID number and still no success. Finally the Sprint rep told me there was nothing else they could do.

I'm thinking it probably has something to do with needing the update but I'm not very tech savvy. I don't text very much anyways but it is convenient sometimes. I am recieving texts, just can't send.

Anyone else having or had this problem or can offer ideas to fix?

Advertisement
  2. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Did they have you update your PRL and Profiles?

Did they have you factory reset the whole phone?

If they did, demand that you get answers. Don't just suffice with the answer "sorry, there is nothing more we can do". Demand a different phone. Call back!

3. andrewcgrimm

andrewcgrimm Well-Known Member

It's not a device issue, its a network issue.. call back ask for ATS and tell them they need to do a CTMS ticket. Plus if they replace your device youll get a referb.

4. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

is your phone rooted? if not...I had that problem when I 1st got my phone...

once I rooted and flashed a ROM, my messaging problem was gone..

5. Xandria

Xandria Well-Known Member

Umm, no. "There is nothing we can do" is NOT an answer. Period.

I have no idea what it means to "ask for ATS and tell them they need to do a CTMS ticket," but it is a good start! Call back!!

6. sandsrfr

sandsrfr New Member

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I've run into the same problem on a Samsung Moment on Sprint. The issue only occurs to (1) contact/number, which irronically is the other sprint phone number on the account (a blackberry).

If we start a new thread to the contact (which is synced from gmail and a valid 10 digit number), the first text goes thru to the other number (blackberry).

Then I reply to the text on the blackberry and it goes thru to the moment. Viewing the thread in the moment default app it shows the name and full number (area code+: xxx-xxx-xxxx).

Then I try to reply and it goes thru.

What I've noticed..... If you leave the samsung moment messaging app up on the screen you can message back and forth to this number without a hitch...

The issue comes as soon as you exit out of the thread on the moment. Then when you go back into it, the thing I notice is at the top of the thread it now says "name (xxx-xxxx)". It dropped the area code????!?!?! All I did was exit out of the thread and come back into it. Why is it dropping the area code.

From that point forward, no outgoing text messages will go thru on this thread.

The only way to get a text to go thru to that number again is to 'delete' the thread from the samsung moment and do a new thread which will go out with the xxx-xxx-xxxx number with area code.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

7. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Sounds like a Sprint problem. What did they say?

8. knicholson1

knicholson1 New Member