• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] CDMA or CDMA/LTE

MizzouBrent

Android Expert
Feb 13, 2011
Olathe, KS
Does anybody know for sure how the CDMA/LTE and CDMA only settings work? Let's say I am in an area where I know that I don't get 4G. Is the radio constantly searching for an LTE signal? I believe Sprint has 3G and 4GLTE on the same towers now with the network vision upgrades, so maybe there's no advantage to disable. I know I'm probably the person to answer this question since I can actually get LTE most of the time in my area, but does anyone leave it on CDMA/LTE and get the same battery life as CDMA only?

Does anybody know for sure how the CDMA/LTE and CDMA only settings work? Let's say I am in an area where I know that I don't get 4G. Is the radio constantly searching for an LTE signal? I believe Sprint has 3G and 4GLTE on the same towers now with the network vision upgrades, so maybe there's no advantage to disable. I know I'm probably the person to answer this question since I can actually get LTE most of the time in my area, but does anyone leave it on CDMA/LTE and get the same battery life as CDMA only?

I live in a CDMA only area. If I put it on CDMA / LTE my battery life sucks and I have to constantly do the Airplane mode trick to get connected again. That makes me think it actively hunts for LTE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones