[Sprint] [CLOSED] Dev phone request

Last Updated:

1. g60madman

g60madman Well-Known Member Developer

All,

UPDATE 4/22/2013
    JacobK254 has been kind enough to send me a bad esn sprint phone my way. Once I receive the phone I will start work on it.

FIRST POST 3/16/2013
    christiansoto asked me post on the Galaxy thread as he wants me to dev on the phone. I currently don't own the phone and currently don't have the funds for the phone. If you would like to pitch in for a phone I will gladly work on it. If you don't know me I have deved on the Motorola Triumph and also HTC Evo V 4g both on Virgin Mobile. I have worked on cm7, cm9 and cm10 from source. Here is my

Paypal

Advertisement
    mstech, Prinny and TheBritton like this.
  2. g60madman

Thanks guys, so far I have received $25.00.
  3. Foopsz

Foopsz Well-Known Member

We need you. You did amazing work on the Triumph i just recently got rid of it.
    If it wasn't for the Custom Rom's i would have got rid of Triumph long time ago.
    g60madman likes this.
  4. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

I kind of miss the Triumph. As weird as it sounds.

Then again, once you rooted and ROM'd that phone, it was amazing.
  5. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

Yep! That phone had great development. What a fun ride that was! :)
  6. christiansoto

christiansoto Well-Known Member

So how is progress
  7. mstech

mstech Active Member

Great work on the Triumph. Well worth donating some more.
  8. JacobK254

JacobK254 Well-Known Member

What is the status of this? Could it be a sprint version with a bad esn? You can usually get them for a low price on ebay.
  9. g60madman

Nothing has changed in terms of donations to purchase this device. The other donations I have received are for my work on the Evo V 4G.
  10. xInterlopeRx

xInterlopeRx Well-Known Member Developer

It's kinda sad really. This phone has all the specs of the GS3, except the size. Good battery life, even at 1.5ghz, slim design, nice graphics. If it was a little less smooth and slippery it would be one of my favorite devices ever. People just don't want to buy it and are getting the GS2 instead. They are losing NFC, battery life, LTE and a much smoother experience IMO.
  11. JacobK254

JacobK254 Well-Known Member

Could you develop with this?: Samsung Galaxy Victory 4GB Gray Sprint Bad ESN Poor Condition Read 635753498813 | eBay
  12. Rock101

Rock101 Well-Known Member

Made a donation, hope it helps. We need a CM10 ROM.
    g60madman likes this.
  13. g60madman

JacobK254,

Purchased a phone bad ESN sprint phone for me and is sending it my way. I will see what I can do!
    TheBritton likes this.
  14. TheBritton

Thanks to Jakob and thanks to you, G60! Can't wait! You are one of the most talented developers I know. I'll be glad to help in any way.. testing etc. My root guide has a link to all the stock files (thanks to OUDHS and Interloper) if that helps once you get the device.
    g60madman likes this.
  15. g60madman

Thanks man! I will keep you posted on this I am already setting up the github. Think it maybe time to register a new domain name for all the phones I have worked on, and keep them all blanketed under one name.
    JacobK254 and TheBritton like this.
  16. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase Guide

Sweet!

I am excited to see this happen!
  17. mstech

mstech Active Member

Exciting news. Can't wait. This phone has great potential. Most don't know that LTE is in their area already while they test it.
  18. TheBritton

g60, I'm wondering since you have the Sprint version if you can provide us some of the stock files and such? That is, if they are different than the VM version?

I would like to add a stock image of the the Sprint versions rom to my root guide/library so that Sprint users can have a stock rom to go back to in case something goes wrong :)

Edit: in my stickied root guide you will find a library of some of VM's files. They may be of help and if you see that it is in need of a Sprint specific file please feel free to send me the link and I'll add it. The goal is to have a file library that both Sprint and VM users can benefit from :)
  19. g60madman

You bet, I can do that :)
    Prinny and TheBritton like this.