• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] [CM10][Jellybro] Toroplus Nightly Kangs

Best JB ROM I've run so far, I just flashed PA but haven't had any time to play with it yet.

From what I understand the only kernels that would play nice with Skank is Trinity and stock.....Is this still the case? I recently heard that Lean and Air kernel have updated their ramdisk to be compatible with CM10 therefore are now compatible with Skank. Do you know if this is true?

Upvote 0
From what I understand the only kernels that would play nice with Skank is Trinity and stock.....Is this still the case? I recently heard that Lean and Air kernel have updated their ramdisk to be compatible with CM10 therefore are now compatible with Skank. Do you know if this is true?

I have only run trinity since you first showed it to me so I have no idea. Sorry I couldn't help.

Upvote 0
I have only run trinity since you first showed it to me so I have no idea. Sorry I couldn't help.

No worries. I was on Trinity pretty tough until I ran Lean Kernel. Achieved almost twice the battery without sacrificing performance with it. I also have some color settings (you can use Franco's app to adjust) that are pretty much identical to Trinity's if you're really into Trinity's colors.

EDIT: Found the answer to my question http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28986960#post28986960 post #364.

Reactions: AARONONE
Upvote 0
No worries. I was on Trinity pretty tough until I ran Lean Kernel. Achieved almost twice the battery without sacrificing performance with it. I also have some color settings (you can use Franco's app to adjust) that are pretty much identical to Trinity's if you're really into Trinity's colors.

EDIT: Found the answer to my question [CM10][Jellybro] Toroplus Nightly Kangs - Page 37 - xda-developers post #364.

Off topic from the OP, but how did you get rid of the trinity boot animation after switching kernels? The set up I'm on (under my username) does not have the settings to disable boot animation and the trinity remains after flashing lean? Not that its that big of a deal, but I feel the phone boots faster without it.

Upvote 0
Off topic from the OP, but how did you get rid of the trinity boot animation after switching kernels? The set up I'm on (under my username) does not have the settings to disable boot animation and the trinity remains after flashing lean? Not that its that big of a deal, but I feel the phone boots faster without it.

Here's the stock JB bootanimation:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29437976/bootanimation.zip

Same as stock but just black and white (pretty tight!):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29437976/bootanimation-2.zip

Rename the file to bootanimation.zip, place it in data>local with Root Explorer, and change the permissions to rw-r-r

Upvote 0

EDIT: Found the answer to my question [CM10][Jellybro] Toroplus Nightly Kangs - Page 37 - xda-developers post #364.

Is there any way to change the color settings without having to buy an app, I love supporting devs but I'm on a budget for apps and have pretty much spent all of my app money.

Upvote 0
Is there any way to change the color settings without having to buy an app, I love supporting devs but I'm on a budget for apps and have pretty much spent all of my app money.

Depends what ROM you're running. You can change the colors using the CM settings in Skank.....Try this in settings>advanced:

Color Multipliers .6,.6,1.0
Then Gamma hit "CM Sett" first then -3,0,5 so DSS Gamma should be 8.

Colors are dark but whites are extremely white and colors are rich.

Upvote 0
Depends what ROM you're running. You can change the colors using the CM settings in Skank.....Try this in settings>advanced:

Color Multipliers .6,.6,1.0
Then Gamma hit "CM Sett" first then -3,0,5 so DSS Gamma should be 8.

Colors are dark but whites are extremely white and colors are rich.

I don't know if this will work. I took a look at mine and the options are there; however, they are grey'd out and are unable to be selected.

That's because you're running Trinity kernel.....Flash a different kernel and those options should be available to you.

Face palm, duh. Thanks French

Reactions: frenchy714
Upvote 0
:( I hate full wipes, oh well this should be worth it. Just got to make sure I back everything up.

I know, it can be a pita! Unless it's a nightly I always start clean....I also start clean when trying a different kernel. The kernel Dev's we have for our devices (not all but most) tend to use their own ramdisk, so when switching from kernel to kernel, you're bound to still have residual from the kernel you flashed prior. When I tried Lean for the first time, coming from Trinity, when I would attempt to use the leantweaks script, some of the options would fc. This was ultimately because of the 2 very different ramdisks these Dev's would use. A clean install fixed it (of course) and now I do it religiously. If you can get that from moving kernel to kernel, imagine what's potentially left behind when dirty flashing ROM to ROM. Again, unless it's a nightly I start fresh. Bottom line is you want to get rid of all those leftovers when moving from build to build!

Upvote 0
I know, it can be a pita! Unless it's a nightly I always start clean....I also start clean when trying a different kernel. The kernel Dev's we have for our devices (not all but most) tend to use their own ramdisk, so when switching from kernel to kernel, you're bound to still have residual from the kernel you flashed prior. When I tried Lean for the first time, coming from Trinity, when I would attempt to use the leantweaks script, some of the options would fc. This was ultimately because of the 2 very different ramdisks these Dev's would use. A clean install fixed it (of course) and now I do it religiously. If you can get that from moving kernel to kernel, imagine what's potentially left behind when dirty flashing ROM to ROM. Again, unless it's a nightly I start fresh. Bottom line is you want to get rid of all those leftovers when moving from build to build!

Really. I've never done clean installs for kernels. I did with trinity initially. Good to know. Any kernel recommendations for this ROM that are as vibrant as trinity. I've tried lean and battery life was good but the colors were not as good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones