(From Fitsnugly):

"This is a self-compiled kang of CM10 with cherry picks from CyanogenMod

Advertisement
    An UrgeTo Dance and AARONONE like this.
  2. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

3. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

Because there's no manufacturer's overlay or carrier bloatware to mess things up:)
  4. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

We have some solid Dev's on the job!
    AARONONE likes this.
  5. frenchy714

@Urge

You ended up giving this a whirl, right? What are your thoughts? Are you still running it?
  6. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Best JB ROM I've run so far, I just flashed PA but haven't had any time to play with it yet.
    AARONONE and frenchy714 like this.
  7. frenchy714

From what I understand the only kernels that would play nice with Skank is Trinity and stock.....Is this still the case? I recently heard that Lean and Air kernel have updated their ramdisk to be compatible with CM10 therefore are now compatible with Skank. Do you know if this is true?
  8. An UrgeTo Dance

I have only run trinity since you first showed it to me so I have no idea. Sorry I couldn't help.
  9. frenchy714

No worries. I was on Trinity pretty tough until I ran Lean Kernel. Achieved almost twice the battery without sacrificing performance with it. I also have some color settings (you can use Franco's app to adjust) that are pretty much identical to Trinity's if you're really into Trinity's colors.

EDIT: Found the answer to my question http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=28986960#post28986960 post #364.
    AARONONE likes this.
  10. AARONONE

Off topic from the OP, but how did you get rid of the trinity boot animation after switching kernels? The set up I'm on (under my username) does not have the settings to disable boot animation and the trinity remains after flashing lean? Not that its that big of a deal, but I feel the phone boots faster without it.
  11. frenchy714

Here's the stock JB bootanimation:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29437976/bootanimation.zip

Same as stock but just black and white (pretty tight!):

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29437976/bootanimation-2.zip

Rename the file to bootanimation.zip, place it in data>local with Root Explorer, and change the permissions to rw-r-r
    AARONONE likes this.
  12. frenchy714

And lean kernel is not compatible with cm10 skank yet....
    AARONONE likes this.
  13. An UrgeTo Dance

Is there any way to change the color settings without having to buy an app, I love supporting devs but I'm on a budget for apps and have pretty much spent all of my app money.
  14. frenchy714

Depends what ROM you're running. You can change the colors using the CM settings in Skank.....Try this in settings>advanced:

Color Multipliers .6,.6,1.0
    Then Gamma hit "CM Sett" first then -3,0,5 so DSS Gamma should be 8.

Colors are dark but whites are extremely white and colors are rich.
    AARONONE likes this.
  15. An UrgeTo Dance

I don't see advanced under the settings.
  16. frenchy714

In it's the "device" subsection. You're running skank, right?
  17. frenchy714

Lean Kernel is officially CM10 Skank compatible! His latest exp.3 is the one to try......Running great so far! For those who'd like to try this kernel, I have some great color settings you can use to achieve Trinity's colors using Franco's app.
  18. An UrgeTo Dance

Yeah, I don't see it anywhere. I wonder if this is because I dirty flashed over RU jellin.
  19. frenchy714

Yeah....Definitely reflash after FULL wipe.
  20. An UrgeTo Dance

:( I hate full wipes, oh well this should be worth it. Just got to make sure I back everything up.
  21. AARONONE

I don't know if this will work. I took a look at mine and the options are there; however, they are grey'd out and are unable to be selected.

Face palm, duh. Thanks French
    frenchy714 likes this.
  22. frenchy714

That's because you're running Trinity kernel.....Flash a different kernel and those options should be available to you.
    AARONONE likes this.
  23. frenchy714

I know, it can be a pita! Unless it's a nightly I always start clean....I also start clean when trying a different kernel. The kernel Dev's we have for our devices (not all but most) tend to use their own ramdisk, so when switching from kernel to kernel, you're bound to still have residual from the kernel you flashed prior. When I tried Lean for the first time, coming from Trinity, when I would attempt to use the leantweaks script, some of the options would fc. This was ultimately because of the 2 very different ramdisks these Dev's would use. A clean install fixed it (of course) and now I do it religiously. If you can get that from moving kernel to kernel, imagine what's potentially left behind when dirty flashing ROM to ROM. Again, unless it's a nightly I start fresh. Bottom line is you want to get rid of all those leftovers when moving from build to build!
    AARONONE and 9to5cynic like this.
  24. AARONONE

Really. I've never done clean installs for kernels. I did with trinity initially. Good to know. Any kernel recommendations for this ROM that are as vibrant as trinity. I've tried lean and battery life was good but the colors were not as good.
  25. AARONONE

Nevermind read this.