Sprint.com vs Bestbuy?

Last Updated:

1. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

Wow it has been forever since I have been on here. I'm sure a lot of my old hero friends are now on the Evo board lol.

So, I want to pick up the evo very soon. I was on best buy.com and sprint.com and was wondering why the original prices to buy outright are significantly different? Sprint wants 450 or something and Best buy 599??

Whats up with that? Any idea when sprint will be getting more in?

:)

Advertisement
  2. AcBush

AcBush Well-Known Member

Hmm....Well hello. You have quite a few more posts than I do. I'm not sure why the non-agreement prices are different, and I assume Sprint will be getting more in as the weeks go by.

Are you looking for a White one or a Black one? I'm sure you'd be happy with either, I love the phone. It is seriously amazing.

3. AcBush

AcBush Well-Known Member

I just realized I didn't answer either of your questions...oops. :)

4. evojoel

evojoel Well-Known Member

It's because BB makes the bulk of their money off of selling contracts, so they up the outright price of the phone. No one really knows when they will be getting more in. I hope soon as my friend works at BB and is going to hold the first available one for me.

5. Twistax

Twistax Well-Known Member

Hi.

The answer to your pricing question. Sprint gets their phone directly from the manufactuer, where Best Buy gets their phones from Sprint.

So basically Best Buy pays more for theirs than sprint does, so you'll pay more at Best Buy

6. khaag27

khaag27 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks guys!! Ya, that makes sense. I cant wait to get the Evo!! I have not seen them in person so I do not know which color i want.