Sprint corporate stores lying to existing customers - no evos for you

Last Updated:

1. bob13bob

bob13bob Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 26, 2010
    So I starting calling the corporate sprint stores in my area and I noticed they were all asking if I was an existing (EC) or new customer (NC) before telling me if evo's were available. Turns out they are lying about their evo stock to EC. They will sell you one only if you're a NC

So I called a store, and told them I was a tmobile customer.
    "We have 5 in stock so if you come in the next 30 minutes you can get one" .
    Then, I told them I wanted to buy the phone outright, full retail, no line activation
    sprint rep told me they don't have phones in stock for me.
    Immediately I called sprint customer service; they called the store. (10 min after original call). Store now says none are available, and there is a waitlist.

I'm not the only one.
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G supplies running low, but could be higher than we think – Android and Me

Try it yourself:
    Around Sunnyvale, Ca
    5 of 6 stores I called asked if i was an existing customer before answering if they had it in stock. 6 store said none.
    2 of 2 stores, told me they had stock, then changed tune when they found out i was an existing customer.

I should have just gone to the store, waited for them to present the phone. then reveal I'm an existing customer. If they try to pull it back, then call sprint customer service.

2. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2010
    I'm an existing Sprint customer and ordered two EVO's on-line as upgrades on Friday 06/04/2010 and received them the following Monday 06/07/2010.

While activating the EVO's via telephone yesterday - a recording among the phone prompts stated that the EVO's were no longer available on-line due to availability. :confused: