Sprint Could Discontinue Unlimited Pricing??

Last Updated:

1. wkufan09

wkufan09 New Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Ze2o

Ze2o Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if they went that route. I mean VZW and AT&T has already implemented the tiered pricing plan so who is to say Sprint won't follow?

I don't think it's anywhere near but like i said, i won't be surprised if they did but I hope they do not.

3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

It could happen, ATT and VZW have. But as Z32o says, I doubt it will happen anytime soon. All the unlimited is what Sprint is advertising heavily right now. Also, it may happen on 3G, but I think 4G will remain unlimited, given Sprints bandwith is double what ATT and VZW have.

4. 808s10

808s10 Member

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

6. teky

teky Well-Known Member

...and Sprint would lose it's biggest competitive advance in the blink of an eye. Just saying.

7. Rob_A

Rob_A Well-Known Member

What dumbasses torrent off 4G? /facepalm

8. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

Oh well, perhaps people who excessively use their bandwidth would reconsider not abusing the "unlimited" bandwidth, so Sprint won't need to restructure their pricing or plans. That's the main reason why I went with sprint in the first place.

9. bklynkrs

bklynkrs Member

man they better not take out unlimited data. im paying that extra $10 bucks for nothing. i never got the chance to use 4g yet. im in nyc brooklyn

10. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

No unlimited = no Sprint for millions. Not going to happen but I could see an upper limit like 10GB. Abusers always ruin the party.

11. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

Just a quick note. I'm a Verizon customer (with an Incredible, shout to our EVO cousins). Verizon has not yet implemented tiered data pricing, but it is looming (from what I understand it will start when LTE rolls out later this year). So far I have not come anywhere near 5gb so I doubt it'll be a problem for me, unless they (VZW & Sprint) follow AT&T's model of a 2Gb cap. I can see them losing unlimited when some people have said they are using upwards of 10Gb, but why couldn't they use 5Gb (which is the cap for tethering) as the limit? I suppose so (like AT&T is doing) they can charge a butt load for every additional Gb used.

Cell companies are starting to look like the drug dealers of the new millenium. "Look what all these smartphones can do! You'll never be able to go back to a dumbphone again! Everyone addicted now? Great! Ok, no more unlimited data. Now we're going to charge by the Gb/Mb/Kb."

What's next? Will the Prez have to appoint a Data Czar?:D

12. tqlla

tqlla Well-Known Member

WTH do I pay this extra $10 Premium Data fee for? No 4G, and now they are thinking about dumping unlimited data?

If that happens... so long sprint.

13. Woosh

Woosh Well-Known Member

Yea I agree...Apple launches streaming netflix alongside a 2 gig data cap that will be reached very quickly with that.

I can see Sprint doing this just like they said it wouldn't be a charge for 4G and then went back on that. Likely since they are advertising right now unl data it won't happen until next year or two.

I could live with 5 gigs limit but imo with all these phones can do 2 gigs is pushing the limit and I spent 6 gigs ish with first month of my Evo but lately I have been steady 1-2 gigs. Moderate use...if one day I want to watch an extra video or stream more music in a month itll push it over that.

14. cabbie

cabbie Well-Known Member

i slingbox daily, do heavy websurfing and downloading, and im at 7.8 gigs downloaded with month ending tomorrow.

they should keep it 'unlimited' in such a way that if someone is torrenting constantly and yanking in 100 gigs a month, they should have their data throttled, im sure that could be worded into the user agreement. It'd be ridiculous to be doing over 30 gigs, even

15. silencer271

silencer271 Well-Known Member

it wont be anytime soon but when it does happen you can blame the idiots that tether and use utorrent constantly.

16. mynamewastaken

mynamewastaken Well-Known Member

No, they shouldn't. If they want to limit people to 100 gigs a month, or even 30 (a fair amount for a mobile, I say) then the plan should say "you are limited to 100 (or 30) gigs of data per month" not "Unlimited".

As long as people are paying for "Unlimited" service, then that's what should be delivered to them.

I think A&T have it right. They picked 2GB as what they think is fair, and put it in writing. Now their users, and future users, aren't left guessing what their version of Unlimited really means. Since I don't think 2GB is enough, I choose not to use AT&T.