Sprint Coverage in Massachusetts

Last Updated:

1. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How is the coverage including 3g and speeds in Massachusetts and the New England area?

Advertisement
  2. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

I haven't been up that way in some time. It has been at least a year so YMMV. In Boston I had great service, South of Boston (New Bedford, Fall River) area I had great service, Mattapoisette was a little spotty but acceptable (didn't go much further down the cape) and down to Providence area was also great.

3. Ilya

Ilya Well-Known Member

I go to Westfield/Springfield/Chicopee a lot and my 3G is fine. Full service.

4. jsward12

Thats great news, how is the 3g speeds? Also what about New England like NH and VT?

5. Aridon

Aridon Well-Known Member

I've never had a problem with sprint speed. Seems to me that its more of an on off thing. Areas of good service give consistent good service and areas with poor service are poor. I can't reallysay I've ever had really poor service with sprint. The only downside is the frequency they use doesn't penetrate buildings as well as at&t's 850 but really that is a toss up because some buildings i couldn't get service with my iphone I get with my hero and vice versa.

6. nethed

nethed Member

I can't speak to 4G service, but I get splendid 3G everywhere I travel in MA.

One notable exception is the Rt. 202 corridor from Amherst to Rt 2, where its very spotty.

But once on Rt. 2, good service all the way to Boston.

7. jsward12

This is great news, making it very tempting to drop ATT. Can anyone compare ATT/Verizon to Sprint?