sprint credit

Last Updated:

1. SSinisterSS

SSinisterSS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

does sprint have a thing like tmobile where you can pay off their phones in payments? i heard about them giving customers credit for a device a little while ago and was wondering if that was true?

Advertisement
  2. flip603

flip603 Well-Known Member

save up ahead of time. but they do but back old devices

3. SSinisterSS

well im going to sell my droid and put the money towards the evo or epic (whichever i decide on) but i was curious if they do an installment thing with a down payment

4. teky

teky Well-Known Member

I don't believe they do. You'll need to put money down on the phone no matter what (though, they'll gladly take a credit card for purchase of the phone) and you have to pass a credit check, to their satisfaction, to get an account.

5. jazzy921

jazzy921 Member

Try Radio Shack...you can trade your old devices in for a credit in giftcard form...it's what I did by selling two phones to them and got my Evo for 'free'...

6. SSinisterSS

i should be able to get $250 easily for my droid and accessories then

7. privraac

privraac Active Member

If you buy at Best Buy you can open a credit card account with them and get zero interest financing for 18 months on purchases over a certain dollar amount (believe the total purchase has to be $250 or higher). As long as you pay it all off in 18 months you don't pay any interest. However, be careful because if you don't pay it off in 18 months you pay all of the accumulated interest.

8. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

i added a second line at one time and they charged the new device to my Sprint account... that basically gave me 6 or so weeks to pay it off. Not sure if they do that with new lines of service though.

9. kaisies

kaisies Well-Known Member

you can do BTA (bill to account) but have to pay it off in a month or two. not sure if its an option for new accounts though

10. Lorak

Lorak Well-Known Member

Depends on your credit raiting. If you have good credit I think you still have like a $600 dollar limit placed on your account, for like 3 months probation or something.
    If your credit is less than what they consider good. You will have a lower limit like $150 or something (which obviously wouldn't hold the price of a phone).

Also if your credit is less than perfect you will be charged a $4.99 fee every month (unless you sign up for auto bill pay). After a while of on time payments this will fall off though.

Also, even with auto bill pay you can pay your bill early. When auto bill pay date gets there it will just deduct what is currently owed. So if you pay early you won't get double billed or anything.

I believe that is all right.