• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] The People's ROM GS3.0 LJ7 TW

The 3 kernels now included with 3.06:

From the xda site:
"NOW INCLUDES CHOICE OF 3 KERNELS!!!!!!
Ktoonsez kernel with UC/OC UV/OV init.d support, includes his Ktweaker app to control all (DO NOT USE ON 64GB XFAT SD Cards)
Agat's Kernel - use Voltage Control or SetCPU to control and enable OC available on Play (Thanks Agat63!!!)
Stock kernel with custom bootanimation support (Thanks Freeza!!!)"

I don't care about OC and the kernel on my phone now is Ktoonsez.
My phone is running Great now...
what, if any, will Freeza's stock kernel do for me?

Upvote 0
i am guessing.. the stock kernel is the safest bet.. does not push the limits.

although.. if you are ROOTed and ROMed.. why would you be shy about kernels???
I'm not shy...I just hate wiping it :D all the time and setting all back up.
Lazy...I guess! ;)
But then again..I guess that's what rooting and custom roms is all about!!

Upvote 0
my sister .. liked what she saw on my S3.. rooted and TPR..
so she wanted it on her S3, which she has had for over 2 months..
she has never let me root her android phones before... so this is her first!

so ... all went great.. rooted and rommed with TPR 3.06
it has been 2 days.. she mentioned that her battery life is not as good as before. (dont have full detail).
i am guessing it just needs time for her and the phone to settle down? guessing she has been busy reloading all her apps.. and stuff.
what are your thoughts?

PS.. my battery life has been fine.. i can go the whole day with no issue.

Upvote 0
I flashed this one a few days ago and love it. My only issue is with the wifi tether. It may be the tether apk causing the issue but when you turn off the tether, wifi will not activate again and connect. I have to reboot the phone to get it to work again. Anyone else run into this? I got the wifi apk from the link on the Rom's thread in XDA.

Upvote 0
ttt...new version 3.07
"NOW INCLUDES CHOICE OF 4 KERNELS!"
-Enjoy:D

for those that are doing this ROM for the first time or after a full wipe..
this ROM now comes with wifi tether included.

but if you are doin it dirty..
there have been issues with the included wifi over the old.
the fix i have read: after dirty flash.. uninstall the wifi tether.. and reinstall

i have NOT flashed 3.07. I am sticking with 3.06 for now.

Upvote 0
You guys would be better off taking this discussion to the thread on XDA. Ultra supportive developers and the folks in the thread are extremely quick to help with any issues. I've been running this ROM for a while, now. 3.08 will have an option to not install the volume increase mod, which is about the only thing I don't care for on 3.07.

Very true and good advice..

I like it here too.. That thread can move pretty quick..

Upvote 0
You guys would be better off taking this discussion to the thread on XDA. Ultra supportive developers and the folks in the thread are extremely quick to help with any issues.
Though you are right on this, back in my "EVO 3G" days I would post over there and was treated like a total idiot and stupid. I am a 54 year old man and can assure you I am not! I do browse over there for a wealth of information but my home is here. I understand people of all forums will have their know-it-all's, and treat you like a total n00b, but due to the unfriendly experience I had back then...I've been a little reluctant to go back.

I'm OK now...thanks for listening. ;)

Reactions: MusicJunkie
Upvote 0
Though you are right on this, back in my "EVO 3G" days I would post over there and was treated like a total idiot and stupid. I am a 54 year old man and can assure you I am not! I do browse over there for a wealth of information but my home is here. I understand people of all forums will have their know-it-all's, and treat you like a total n00b, but due to the unfriendly experience I had back then...I've been a little reluctant to go back.

I'm OK now...thanks for listening. ;)

You should try the thread for this ROM. Not at all like you describe.

Frankly, all of XDA is much different from what you describe. The occasional prick, for sure, but they are the exception, not the rule.

Upvote 0
You should try the thread for this ROM. Not at all like you describe.

Frankly, all of XDA is much different from what you describe. The occasional prick, for sure, but they are the exception, not the rule.
I have been following this thread over there, all seems fine.
I guess I'm still a timid little rabbit..time to grow up..lol ;)

Upvote 0
Loving this ROM, but it wont let me change the wallpaper on the home or lock screens on my Sprint S3. Anyone else running into this?

Update: I can change the wallpaper, but only from the pics already in the wallpaper folder. If I try to select any other pics, all it will let me do is crop them. How do I fix this?
I'm not seeing this problem. "settings, wallpaper, gallery, choose pic...seems to be already cropped, press Done!

Upvote 0
Loving this ROM, but it wont let me change the wallpaper on the home or lock screens on my Sprint S3. Anyone else running into this?

Update: I can change the wallpaper, but only from the pics already in the wallpaper folder. If I try to select any other pics, all it will let me do is crop them. How do I fix this?

not sure what to tell you...
i cropped a pic for my lockscreen just fine.

when you flashed this ROM for the first time... did you do a full wipe of everything?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones