Sprint Cup Mobile UpdateSupport

Last Updated:

1. itmike

itmike Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Today I launched the sprint cup app and it said I needed an update. Then I proceeded to download and install the app. I told the phone to install from unknown sources, so that isn't the issue. Then when it went too install it still told me that this app could not be installed. I'm guessing since the way that sprint treats their apps they aren't able to be upgraded via the file from the memory card or something. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

I saw your post and tried this myself and got the same error. :confused:

I then went into Astro and browsed the file that got DL'ed and launched it from there...it launched NFL Mobile live. :eek:

I think they have something screwy with the link they send you to.

3. itmike

Well at least this just isn't my phone.

4. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member

I have the HTC Hero on Sprint and I did not receive an upgrade notice when I launched the NASCAR app this morning. The app came up, but it only ask me to select my favorite driver again which I know I selected last year (Mark Martin of course!). Anyway, it sure doesn't look like the app I remember it looked like last year either. It has a screen of 12 icons which used to be at the bottom on a scrolling menu which is gone, and the scrolling news text is near the top now too underneath my favorite driver I selected.

I looked in Android Applications, but it doesn't show version numbers, and Astro doesn't list it either. But, I hit help inside the app and although it showed a 'blank screen' I was able to tap the screen in various places and finally received this;

For questions about your Sprint services, please call Sprint Customer Care at (888)221-4727.

For technical support on the NASCAR Sprint Cut Mobile applications, please e-mail support@handson.com.

Version: v1.3.7
    Model: htc_heroc

5. itmike

That is the version that I have now. It offered me the upgrade to the 2.0.x version cannot remember that last digit. I sent handson people an email, so hopefully they will get back to me on the matter.

6. MrGadget256

MrGadget256 Well-Known Member

Also did the update last night with the same problem. I got 1 quick response via email and nothing after that. Still doesn't work and this really sucks doing the update RIGHT BEFORE THE DATONA 500!

7. SirCheese

SirCheese Well-Known Member

8. MrGadget256

Oops, do not use the number quoted here.

Actual Sprint support is (888) 211-4727 or *2 on your phone.

9. 9Nails

9Nails Well-Known Member

Sprint Speed
    ^^^^^^^^
    This link will send you a text message with a download for the new app.

10. MrGadget256

Thanks for the link :D, BUT, Sprint hasn't updated the Moments to Android 2.1, so you can't view Flash on the phone to get to the download. The Samsung Moment is listed as one of the compatible phones.

So if your near a computer with internet access you can get the link sent to your phone via SMS.

Unfortunately, the request just sits there and doesn't do anything. Tried 3 times over the last 5 minutes and it just says waiting for data connection. :mad: Yep, I made sure I can download from unknown sources.

The hanson.com folks have really dropped the ball on this one.

11. itmike

Yeah I tried that link also it downloads the same file and it still won't install this is really a bummer.

12. Jim W

Jim W Well-Known Member

It's working on my phone today and I have done nothing with it. Gotta love technology. :rolleyes:

13. itmike

I tried it again today and got the same results. Though the application as quit offering me the update.