Sprint customer service is good - Getting a replacement

Last Updated:

1. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Did anybody over here get a replacement phone in the mail? I'm getting one for various issues plus the phone is completely dead right now.

just wanted to know couple of things:

How long did it take to arrive?
    What did u send back? phone & battery? or anything else..manual/box & etc.

They said it might be here tomorrow or in 2-3 days...lol I guess I got really lucky also because they are all sold out everywhere & now sprint is sending to me directly & I didn't even have to leave my house.

So far I'm liking Sprints customer service. But I feel really weird this is my first day without the EVO since June 4th.

Advertisement
  2. rtmeikle

rtmeikle Well-Known Member

I've been with Sprint for a LONG time, and their customer service has always sucked. Lately, however, they've made some changes, and I'd rank their customer service about as high as any company I've dealt with. They're great now.

3. trife

trife Well-Known Member

My screen shattered Friday night and they're sending a brand new one. Problem is they said 5-10 days. Should have requested replacement online they say its faster?

4. cayovelez

cayovelez Member

I have been with sprint since 99 or so and let me tell you: their customer service has improve dramatically. Their stores are a bit weird still, but way the heck better than the fruities at those genius bars......Sprint network os the best too.....I snowboard and kayak all over with 2 other friends all over the us, and I have service in places neither of then with verizon and ATT is even worse. Just my 2 cents too sorry for the soap box....

5. cayovelez

cayovelez Member

I have been with sprint since 99 or so and let me tell you: their customer service has improve dramatically. Their stores are a bit weird still, but way the heck better than the fruities at those genius bars......Sprint network is the best too.....I snowboard and kayak with 2 other friends all over the us, and I have service in places neither one of then with verizon and ATT is even worse. Just my 2 cents too sorry for the soap box...

6. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

I'm a long-time Sprint premier customer. I have been happy with Sprint for the most part the entire time I've been with them. I also agree that their CS has improved dramatically lately. Although I will say that, even when there were CS issues, they would always make it up to you. If someone was totally worthless on the phone, rude, or disconnected me, I would call back and explain what happened. The new person would always make sure I got exactly what I wanted as a form of an apology for the prior incident, even if my request was kind of pushing things too far.

An example of the CS taking care of business is how I got my EVO on launch day. I wasn't due for an upgrade until February 2011. I called and explained that I was getting frustrated with an out-dated Blackberry OS, and I said I needed to get a new phone and didn't want to pay the full retail price. The CS rep said she would call me back in a little bit. About an hour later, I got a call from her, and she let me know that she had gotten approval to reset my upgrade eligibility. I walked into RS that afternoon and placed a pre-order for the EVO. Couldn't have been happier with the way that worked out.

My one complaint about Sprint was always that they didn't have the top-of-the-line phones. That isn't a valid complaint anymore.

7. RaiseUp151z

RaiseUp151z Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I think it varies on case to case basis. I initially had wrote email to them within my 30 day period like 20-25 days back stating all the issues. But today I really messed up my EVO ...due to my own fault. Of course I didn't tell them ...haha But it did had a lot of problems to start with....light leakage, dead pixel, head phone jack.

So they didn't really make a big issue after I told them what I have tried so far to turn it back on. He just told me to hold on while he goes over the notes & then comes back and said we're sending you a new replacement should have it in couple of days but since I called early it might be here tomorrow.

8. sh4o8kid

sh4o8kid Well-Known Member

I've gotten mines through mail overnighted. It only took one day and it was the 4th of july week. The only bad thing about this is i had to pay for the replacement but will be refunded after i send in my old phones. I got my credit, but not on my credit card. The credit was placed on my sprint account which is lame.

9. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I have been with Sprint since 2001 and have been happy with them for the most part. I have had some really rude CS people on phone. But for the most part I have had really good service with them. The CS being rude to me is not enough to make me leave. Higher prices and bad covered would do it. But I am wondering if most people who complain about CS are complaining because they are not getting what they want or they complaining because CS is just that bad? I hear many people complain because they want free stuff and can't get it. This is what makes Sprint look bad. But I can say CS sometimes makes themselves look bad by the way they treat people. I feel they have gotten much better.

10. Agent56

Agent56 New Member

Sprints customer care is the main reasons I stuck out the last year with them. They have always fixed any issues I had. Now that and the evo, I have two reasons now.

11. swazey

swazey Well-Known Member

send back whatever they send you, or whatever the return shipping says to return. if you don't send them a phone back theyll charge you full retail price but im sure you already know that. let us know if its a refurb! ##786#

12. 81_

81_ Banned

customer service is ok. I called to get my activation fee's waived. took 6 people, but i finally got of 50 of the 72 back. they are clearly trained to say if they do such and such, they will get fired. i heard that comment from the first 5 people.

when the 5th person said no, i asked him if he could just put a generic credit on the account. he called that fraud. right buddy.

anyways, the 6th guy finally gave me the 50 credit.

i would say sprint is the least flexible of any communication company that i have ever dealt with (comcast, wow!, dish, buckeye cable, etc.)

maybe i was pushing for something that i should or should not have gotten, and maybe i pushed farther than i should have, but at the same time, i think it's kind of bs that they charge you to activate a phone when you buy instore, but don't charge you if you activate online. suffice to say, i would have ordered online if it would have ever been in stock.

13. toeknee76

toeknee76 Well-Known Member

ditto!