Sprint Customer Service...WOW

Last Updated:

1. italianwjt

italianwjt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I switched services last month and one of the first things i did was set up automatic payments through the sprint page. Wonderful, now i dont have to worry about forgetting to make a payment, phone getting cut off, credit score going down, etc.

Last week i had problems with my phone and received several errors when i attempted to send out text messages. Beleiving the "root" messed up my phone, I tried calling someone i know and my phone redirected to sprint customer service. I immediately knew I must have won something great because my bill is set up on automatic payment mode (sarcasm).

While on the phone with cs (last week), they advised me of my delinquent bill. I informed them i made a a.p. and i should be in good standing. They advised something went wrong and they would have to make another attempt. I gave her my information again and she said the payment went through and there was nothing to worry about (2nd attempt). Two days later i received a text message saying my bill was ready to be paid and if i did not pay in two days my phone would be disconnected. So here we go again, i contacted c.s. and they said i bill was such and such amount to include a $25 fee. After explaining to her what happened she said the $25 would be removed on the next cycle. I said that was fine and paid the said amount (3rd attempt).

This morning i got a call from an 800 number and the automated service came on and said my phone was shut off and call customer service!!! W....T....F..!?!? I called spoke with ron. I informed Ron i wanted to speak with a supervisor. Ron put me on hold and holly came to the line. I asked holly if she was a manager and she said no. i said i dont want to speak with you holly, i asked for a supervisor. She advised she would help me and when she realized she could not, she said let me speak to a manager (the manager i was expecting to talk to). Holly came back on the phone and said all i needed to pay was the $25 late fee. I informed her the previous rep advised it would show on my next bill but would be taken off. Holly puts me on hold (playing middle man) while she talks to the manager that i was expecting to talk to from the beginning, returns and says that the $25 would be waived immediately and my acount is in good standing. I asked Holly if i was speaking to her on a lan line and she said yes. I responded, "so im going to be charged for my minutes while ive attempted to resolve this issue for the past 4 times". Holly responded yes. i informed her this was unacceptable and i wanted my minutes back. She put me on hold to speak with the manager AGAIN. She came back on the line and advised not only was the $25 charge removed but on my next bill i would receive a $25 credit :D . Im not holding my breath, but will see how it goes.

Im not really sure how i should accept sprints customer service. Mad because Sprint management has this holier than thou attitude and couldnt speak with thou holiness manager, or pleased that sprint cs has changed and is a little more sympathetic than they use to be.

PS there was money in my account.

Advertisement
  2. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

I always thought calling Sprint was free of charge.

Sprint idiot's on the phone FTL!

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Yes calling sprint is free of charge

4. italianwjt

italianwjt Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well I guess the rep and the manager don't know what they are talking about. Because the rep said it does, and the manager reversed the charger and gave me a credit