• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Data Usage with the EVO...

Mine has been stuck on 202013 kb for over a week now. I have streamed 10+ Netflix movies (using 4G network connection), 6 of which were in H.D., since making a mental note when I canceled the Sprint Hotspot service. I have have been using Easytether (free) since. Does Easytether not add to the data usage count?

Upvote 0
Mine has been stuck on 202013 kb for over a week now. I have streamed 10+ Netflix movies (using 4G network connection), 6 of which were in H.D., since making a mental note when I canceled the Sprint Hotspot service. I have have been using Easytether (free) since. Does Easytether not add to the data usage count?

My experience very similar. I think the big diff is that if you are using 4G it's not added.

It would be great if the other people with the high data usage could indicate? Are you connected 3G or 4G?

either way it's pretty cool to use what we have and (?) not have to worry :)

Upvote 0

How are you streaming Netlix on your EVO? When I hit 'Play', it takes me to the install Silverlight plugin, which I then download and nothing happens.

I didn't think Netflix watch instantly worked yet on Android... unless you're talking about the phone tethered to your computer and then streaming...

Upvote 0
How are you streaming Netlix on your EVO? When I hit 'Play', it takes me to the install Silverlight plugin, which I then download and nothing happens.

I didn't think Netflix watch instantly worked yet on Android... unless you're talking about the phone tethered to your computer and then streaming...

I'm tethering the 4G connection to my laptop and then sharing that connection with my Blu-Ray player using a cross-over ethernet cable.

Upvote 0
I'm tethering the 4G connection to my laptop and then sharing that connection with my Blu-Ray player using a cross-over ethernet cable.

Damn I just tether my iPod Touch wirelessly and stream Netflix on that at work lol. I've only rooted a couple days ago using the new unrevoked 3.2, so I'm nowhere near where you guys are in terms of data consumption.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones