Sprint Evo and a EPRP Plan

Last Updated:

1. Brillokc

Brillokc Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so it seems to be accepted that the Evo will not be available on the EPRP plans for a while. I am currently on the EPRP Family Plan but pre-ordered from Best Buy without thinking about this. So as I see it now, I can wait until maybe mid-july for the Evo or switch to just a regular family plan and activate it on June 4th. Has anyone ever switched from an EPRP plan to a normal one and then back?

Advertisement
  2. KiLo11

KiLo11 Well-Known Member

u cant go from a normal plan to a eprp in the middle of the contract

3. Woosh

Woosh Well-Known Member

Yes I have....As long as you have EPRP you should be fine. What you would want to do is separate the plan. Make sure one is the EPRP $59.99 and have the BB put you on the $69 plan. After you leave call up the EPRP line and have them put you back on family plan.

Pretty sure this will work.(Hoping) When I got my Pre I opened a new line at BB while I had SERO and called up and they changed it to EPRP. So unless things changed then you should be good.

4. benvino

benvino New Member

I did the samething you did but before I went to BB I called the EPRP number and the both reps said I could put that phone on my EPRP Family Plan. Where did you find out no? Thanks for your help. I need to get to the bottom of this :) I have till June 4th

5. Brillokc

6. benvino

benvino New Member

Here is what i just got in a chat and I know how we all feel about Sprint Reps :) but I have the EPRP Family and I got the Pre the day it was released as well. I getting mime!!

[FONT=&quot]05/17/2010 05:01:02PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]: "i preorded a EVO **********G at best buy, will that phone work on my current plan? I know that i will have to pay the extra $**********."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]05/17/2010 05:02:31PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Agent (Dave): "Please allow me a few moments, so that I can access your account details."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]05/17/2010 05:03:05PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]: "ok take your time"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]05/17/2010 05:03:20PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Agent (Dave): "Thank You."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]05/17/2010 05:06:41PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Agent (Dave): "Thank you for holding, I appreciate you giving me time to look in for a resolution."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]05/17/2010 05:06:56PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]: "ok"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]05/17/2010 05:07:43PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Agent (Dave): "I have checked the account details, your present plan is compatible with HTC EVO **********G."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]05/17/2010 05:08:39PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]: "do you know about the extra $**********?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]05/17/2010 05:09:15PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Agent (Dave): "The $********** Premium Data fee is for the rich data experience that EVO provides."[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]05/17/2010 05:09:45PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]: "is that optional or requeired for that Evo?"[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]05/17/2010 05:09:53PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Agent (Dave): "It is a required add on with all the HTC EVO **********G."[/FONT]

7. nitty917

nitty917 Well-Known Member

I dont know where you guys got this information, but on the Pre launch, i had 4 old SERO plans, I changed it to the SERO family plan a week before launch, and was able to walk in store and get the Pre, same with the Evo, should be no problem.

8. Brillokc

There seems to be more people (both on the sprint side, and customers) saying this won't be a problem. I also found some other people, who have been able to tell Sprint they want to upgrade their phone at Best Buy, get their account noted the reason for the change, and afterwards call back up Sprint and get the account switch back to EPRP.