Sprint Evo New 32G sd card

Last Updated:

1. Hairburnr5

Hairburnr5 New Member This Topic's Starter

Just replaced my 8g SD card with a 32 g card and evo phone will not recognize MPV4 videos ???? any suggestions??

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

Make sure the video is 4gb or less. Some users report that anything over 2gb doesn't work

3. dmsatax1x

dmsatax1x Member

haven't tried putting videos on mine yet(probably wont have any space left pretty soon.. already 23.6GB taken up) so i can't help from experience. But my uneducated guess would have me leaning towards the read/write speeds of the card. Its a Class 2 card i believe, so that would write speeds around 2mb/s and not sure on the read. Perhaps your videos surpass these speeds? sorry if this doesnt lead you anywhere.

4. dmsatax1x

dmsatax1x Member

5. Wadester

Wadester Well-Known Member

If it sustains those speeds, why don't they label it a Class 4 and increase the price? That just doesn't make sense unless they got lucky with one card capable of doing that.

6. p0rkguy

p0rkguy Active Member

Because it's 5.32Mb/s, not 5.32MB/s.
    Standard for class 2/4/6 requires a minimum write speed of 2/4/6MB/s.
    Class ratings is determined by the class speed which is determined by the company itself. So it's even weaker than a Class 2 in technological terms.

How many people are actually going to know the difference? A very small percent of consumers.
    How many people are actually going to care about that? An even smaller percent of consumers.