• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Family Locator app for Android

for those of you 'bashing' this, keep in mind that:

1. not every phone and os runs loopt and/or latitude.
2. the client (kid) can uninstall/turn off loopt or latitude, sfl just finds the phone if on.
3. even if using the web app for latitude, latitude requires checkins or your location isn't updated - i don't know about loopt
4. if you have a family plan you only have to add sfl to one phone and give both parents the logins.

edit:
domovoj i'm concerned about how your app could be collecting my sfl login and password and be locating me/my family, perhaps you ought to contact sprint and get licensed somehow.

Upvote 0
for those of you 'bashing' this, keep in mind that:
domovoj i'm concerned about how your app could be collecting my sfl login and password and be locating me/my family, perhaps you ought to contact sprint and get licensed somehow.

My application stores login in internal phone database and does not send it anywhere but sflmobile.com (hosted by wavemarket) which is offisial mobile web application for Family Locator. It emulates wireless browser for this website and just presents data in a better way.

Upvote 0
Works great!

I dont use Sprint myself, but a friend was looking for this functionality. After dabbling a bit with the app I found that it works as suggested. I love the fact that its real lite and works on virtually any phone as for as I can tell.

Not to steal your limelight or anything, but I can guess that this app might not be what some are looking for, so heres one suggestion.

Anyone who is not on Sprint ( or is but wants other functionality ) but wants a good locater app for their androids; check out Mobile Defense. I have been using it for my G1 on AT&T. They just closed the beta from the public, but should be releasing something official soon. It can locate multiple phones ( you will have to install an app ) , remotely wipe the data, send messages to, among others.

Lost my phone a few times and through the app I was able to pinpoint it within a few feet ^^.

Not sure if they will be charging in the future ( probably would be my best guess >.> ) but I plan on sticking with it for my AT&T phones.

Upvote 0
I use wavesecure and have never gotten charged for a text message

well....

when I first did it back in Feb 2010. I was charged the fee.
then they got a lot of complaints from usa-users. So they contracted with a hosting server to correct the charges in USA.

But I have heard that it did not workout..
So, I am guessing that the fee is back on. I have not verified it. Have not had the need to try... "knock on wood" :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones