Sprint forced me to buy "packages" with my phone?

Last Updated:

1. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not sure if this has been posted or not but... WTF? I was forced to choose between package 1 or package 2, both of which included 3 accessories easily totalling over $100.. 1. bluetooth, case, car charger 2. bluetooth, case, memory card (16gb) i'm taking this crap back next week.

Advertisement
  2. x4sper

x4sper Member

they cant do that

3. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

Why would you agree to that? They can't force you to do anything. I would've demanded to see the manager or walked. Probably both just out of principle.

4. freeza

They started handing out flyers to all of the people standing outside that included both packages. A few people got in the store and left without buying the phone because they insisted that they wouldn't sell you the EVO without you picking between these packages.

5. viggs74

viggs74 Active Member

Yeah, I would take it back and call the BBB. They are not allowed to do that.

6. secretmethod70

secretmethod70 Well-Known Member

I'd call Sprint too. This sounds like one store getting particularly overzealous. Hopefully if you notify Sprint, the store manager will suffer some consequences.

7. freeza

I am, trust me.

I would have walked, but I stood in line way too long, and I wasn't going to argue with them. I have the receipt so i'll just take the unopened accessories back. The bluetooth alone was $79.. lol

8. EvoFrick

EvoFrick Active Member

LoL you just got screwed seems like. I mean i got mine preordered at best buy and came with a few plantronics bluetooth but i walked into my sprint store to get a case. They had the flyer but it was strictly optional. Saw tons of people walking out with just the phone.

9. Bek

Bek Well-Known Member

Err WAT?

10. awayne

awayne Well-Known Member

This store was not a corp store.... And if it was i would call Customer Care and tell them about it.

Non corp stores can do such a thing with "packages" but corp stores can't.

11. x4sper

x4sper Member

wow i cant believe that i would have slappped the.... nah i would have prolly dont the same thing...

12. freeza

Yeah I did get screwed. The best part about it all was, I got helped by a woman and she kept insisting that there was NO way to get the phone without the accessories. I'm not stupid, but to shut her up I was like "ok whatever" they had way too many people being helped so waiting for the manager or making a scene was pretty much out of the question. I didn't want to risk not getting one at all so I decided to suck it up. I'll just take the accessories back. It was all billed to my account anyway.

13. RoadkillStewie

RoadkillStewie Well-Known Member

What store location was it?

....thinking of posting/linking this to the sprint forums.

14. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Call Sprint and report the store. Is it a Company store? If it isn't there is not much you can do im afraid.

15. Lindseybp

Lindseybp Well-Known Member

Places tried to do the exact same thing (packages) with the Nintendo Wii when it was so hot. Total rip job.

16. NiCK Crush

NiCK Crush Well-Known Member

a store told you you HAD to buy something, so you just did? I don't want to sound rude, but that wasn't very intelligent of you.

17. freeza

I have every intention on returning all the accessories. I only did it because I stood in line for a very long time and saw people actually leave because they were so angry about having to buy accessories, and I wasn't about to be one of those people. It was a simple game of "play the part" :p

Pasadena, CA Sprint Store, on the corner of Colorado and Raymond.

18. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

Did you pay by credit card? If so call your bank and put a fraud hold on there payment! :D

19. cluckkillerb

cluckkillerb Well-Known Member

I would have gone to my car, dropped off the phone, and taken all that #*@! back in less than 5 mins! What assholes, lol.

Thanks for the heads up though, if they try to pull that @(!# on me I'll do exactly as I described above ;)

20. freeza

LOL, I billed to account :). Total was $633 since I paid full price. BS huh?

21. MisterEd

MisterEd Well-Known Member

It's no different than selling a Nintendo WII ONLY if you take 3 games along with it or selling a car $1000 over sticker. If it's not a corp store they can charge you $1000000 for the phone if they want. It's called "free enterprise." You have no complaint. If it's a corp store, you do have a complaint.

22. RoadkillStewie

RoadkillStewie Well-Known Member

I think that depends on certain things.. going to a 'sprint' storefront vs 'Bobs Cellphone kiosk'. Franchise terms etc...

Best thing would to be contact Sprint directly.

23. Bic101

Bic101 Well-Known Member

I just called the Pasadena store and they denied forcing people to buy packages. They provided a list of options, but do not require them. So, Freeza, why not call them back and see about getting your money back.

24. BetterMost

BetterMost Banned

BS indeed

25. jamesrick80

jamesrick80 Member

I billed one of my EVOs to the sprint account by ordering online and only paid 502 total......that is BS indeed