[Sprint] Free Sprint Galaxy Nexus Extended Battery!!!

Last Updated:

1. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    jhtalisman, SlothyUK, Yawa and 4 others like this.
  2. An UrgeTo Dance

An UrgeTo Dance The Hero of the Winds

Mine was supposed to arrive today but do to Isaac its being delayed. Also if you have more than one Nexus on your plan, they only charge shipping once and they will ship it next day air :)
  3. frenchy714

Mine arrived today. A bit surprised because I ordered it yesterday.

[​IMG]
  4. An UrgeTo Dance

Does it say Sprint on the battery cover? Also how much thickness does it add?

EDIT: is it an NFC battery?

I was also surprised at the shipping, I checked the tracking on mine because I am going out of town and was wondering if it would get here in time and saw next day air.
  5. frenchy714

Yes, it says Sprint on the battery cover and yes it's a NFC battery. It doesn't add much thickness at all. I mean, the battery is *thicker*, but with the cover it comes with, it's not noticeable at all. Overall the phone still looks like stock, thickness wise.
  6. An UrgeTo Dance

Thanks, I can't wait till mine comes in, this stupid storm needs to hurry up and get out of my area.
  7. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

Wow, thanks for sharing this. Super cool, hope to get one, gotta check out the offer. Do you know if it's in the Sprint stores too?
  8. An UrgeTo Dance

No you have to call telesales. It didn't take long when I did, just try to call on a weekday during regular business hours so that you don't get someone in India :) I called on a Saturday and got someone named Luigi (who was easy to understand) but then noticed I called the wrong department then got transfered to someone I could barely understand.
    9to5cynic likes this.
  9. frenchy714

Yeah, it was a really quick phone call. I was off the phone in under 10 min. with my battery on its way.
    9to5cynic likes this.
  10. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Just ordered one for me and the wife. Just processed my upgrade order on Amazon about 10 minutes ago :D
  11. frenchy714

Cool beans! Bout time lol :D!
  12. jhtalisman

jhtalisman Well-Known Member Contributor

It adds maybe 1mm thickness. Hard to tell, had to put side by side with my wife's GNex to see it.
    AARONONE and An UrgeTo Dance like this.
  13. MizzouBrent

Dang my battery will be here tomorrow... Before my phone even.
  14. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

I got two - one for my son and one for me - free, not even shipping. They charged our credit card $12.95 for both batteries, then credited our Sprint account. Sweet.
  15. jhtalisman

jhtalisman Well-Known Member Contributor

Well so far I'm on 13 hours of heavy use and still have 26% left. With stock battery I would have had it on the charger 3 hours ago @ 20%.
    AARONONE likes this.
  16. gregs887

gregs887 Well-Known Member

I got mine 5 days from ordering, cost $7 to ship. The battery seems to be the same one that is for the Verizon Nexus, but with a battery cover that fits properly. Running ShabbyPenguin's 4.1 build with lean kernel I was able to get about 17 hours of battery life with 3.5 hours of screen time at the brightest setting. The extra thickness adds to the phone in my opinion and makes it easier to hold. Also the extra weight feels better.
    AARONONE likes this.
  17. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

Good find frenchy. Just ordered mine today.
  18. MizzouBrent

Mine came today. And my case. No phone though. Doh!
  19. AARONONE

AARONONE Well-Known Member

I saw that you will finally be joining us. That's good news, welcome aboard.
  20. An UrgeTo Dance

I was hoping mine would also come in today. It should have been in tuesday but Isaac didn't want that.
  21. frenchy714

Mine came the next day.....Lucky I guess! Isaac?
  22. An UrgeTo Dance

Hurricane Isaac, mine was supposed to come in the next day but then it got delayed
  23. frenchy714

I haven't been keeping up with the news....That sux.
  24. MizzouBrent

The remnants have dumped like 8 inches of rain on us.
  25. An UrgeTo Dance

Yeah the eye passed right over us, I don't know how many inches we got.