• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sprint Galaxy S3 Converted to Boost Service, No Mobile Network Connection

feuertier

Lurker
Sep 16, 2010
I am a former Sprint customer, with a Galaxy S3 purchased through Sprint, which worked fine for Phone, SMS, and data. The modification at the time was Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 with Clockwork Recovery 5.5.something. My contract ran out two days prior to this posting, and I went to Boost Mobile to get their service that had a 1 GB data plan. That day, I reset my phone (using ##963246#), and ended up with phone and SMS service, but could not connect to the mobile network. I've been on with tech support several times since, and nothing has worked. Here are the things I've tried:

1. After activating service with dealer, went home to flash a stock ROM (using clockwork) and using the ##96326# code to reset the phone. Noticed I did not have data.
2. Talked to customer service the next day, and performed ##72786# to reset the phone. No dice.
3. After talking to customer service again, I tried updating the PRL and Profile over wi-fi. That didn't work. Previously, I tried updating without Wi-Fi, per tech. support instructions, and got Error Code 601.
4. I'm on the phone (a different one) this very moment with tech. support, who is having me try ##72786# again, with wi-fi off. Got error code 601, again.

I have not yet tried using Odin to flash the Sprint 4.1.2 ROM, but I'm downloading that now to try later, as well as trying a stock recovery. However, because the phone and data worked before on Sprint service, I don't know why it isn't working now. The only other post I've seen with this issue was with someone who had an issue with KitKat, which I don't have.

Any insight anyone might have would be great.

EDIT:
The customer service rep. I was on the phone with while writing this essentially said they couldn't do anything more over the phone, and to call Samsung (I think she said it was a warranty number). I mentioned taking it to a Boost store, and she said I could do that, too, though she didn't say what they could do for me.

Last edited:
I am a former Sprint customer, with a Galaxy S3 purchased through Sprint, which worked fine for Phone, SMS, and data. The modification at the time was Cyanogenmod 10.2.1 with Clockwork Recovery 5.5.something. My contract ran out two days prior to this posting, and I went to Boost Mobile to get their service that had a 1 GB data plan. That day, I reset my phone (using ##963246#), and ended up with phone and SMS service, but could not connect to the mobile network. I've been on with tech support several times since, and nothing has worked. Here are the things I've tried:

1. After activating service with dealer, went home to flash a stock ROM (using clockwork) and using the ##96326# code to reset the phone. Noticed I did not have data.
2. Talked to customer service the next day, and performed ##72786# to reset the phone. No dice.
3. After talking to customer service again, I tried updating the PRL and Profile over wi-fi. That didn't work. Previously, I tried updating without Wi-Fi, per tech. support instructions, and got Error Code 601.
4. I'm on the phone (a different one) this very moment with tech. support, who is having me try ##72786# again, with wi-fi off. Got error code 601, again.

I have not yet tried using Odin to flash the Sprint 4.1.2 ROM, but I'm downloading that now to try later, as well as trying a stock recovery. However, because the phone and data worked before on Sprint service, I don't know why it isn't working now. The only other post I've seen with this issue was with someone who had an issue with KitKat, which I don't have.

Any insight anyone might have would be great.

EDIT:
The customer service rep. I was on the phone with while writing this essentially said they couldn't do anything more over the phone, and to call Samsung (I think she said it was a warranty number). I mentioned taking it to a Boost store, and she said I could do that, too, though she didn't say what they could do for me.
Honesty it will give your boost rep a headache if it was me, I would attempt to resku like you did, then try to manually program it which would be time consuming/expensive. But it happens some times

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones