Sprint - Galaxy S4General

1. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

Does anyone experience reception issues on the sprint network with their S4's? I'm debating on upgrading to the S4 with sprint or move to a different carrier. My current phone, SG II, just plain sucks as far as data and phone reception but had no bad issues with my prior htc phone. I know sprint service isn't all the great to begin with but I've found from other reviews the SGII just sucks. Wondering if the 4 is any better with the antennas.

Advertisement
  2. Sierra255

Sierra255 Well-Known Member

I have found that the reception on the S4 varies. It does get good reception when an LTE signal is present, but the 3G signal I think is a little worse. Same for the voice signal. At my house, I still don't get good reception (I guess I live in a dead zone) and the call quality is a little worse. WiFi reception is awesome, though.
  3. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

I feel you. I needed an airave for the reception in my home.
  4. viperkorn

viperkorn New Member

At home and outside I have great reception. However in a building such as my kids Dr. office I loose all signal and it goes into roaming. I did not have that problem with my evo 4g while I could not use the internet very well in the office it still worked the S4 just sucks there.
  5. jzebrahockey

jzebrahockey Well-Known Member

The only problem with the airave is that they changed the qualifications for it just recently. You have to have at least 4 lines on your account or pay so much per month for it or buy it out for 200+. Really sucks since their service isn't everywhere and the quality is crap right now. It is sad but I had better reception with Metro. But I love the phone.
  6. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

Same here. When I'm inside buildings, sucks. Can't even do any price matching using the amazon app most of the time.
  7. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

I had to complain several times before they gave me one. These should be offered to those in bad reception areas for free. The only problem I have with it is it sucks up bandwidth on my network especially if you have other users in the house.
  8. Sierra255

I wonder if I can get them to give me an Airave for free? If you look at their LTE map for my area, my house is well within that zone, but I definitely don't get a 4G signal. Heck, I barely even get a 3G signal outside. Inside, it completely disappears and often goes into roaming mode. When I'm at home, I'm on WiFi so I can actually use the internet on my phone.
  9. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

If you call and complain enough, they have to give you one. Thats what I did. You can also threaten to leave.
  10. Sierra255

I wonder if they'd take me seriously about leaving considering I just upgraded phones and signed a new contract a month ago. I'm still going to try, though. I think it's crazy that my signal at home is so terrible. I don't live out in the boonies or anything either.
  11. Jore

Jore Well-Known Member

When you call have let them know you don't have signal at home. If they don't do anything, call them back in about a week. Once they know your frustrated, they will have to offer you the airave.