Sprint Gets new Nexus.

1. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

If they really do upgrade the processor and camera I will have no reason not to upgrade from the E4GT. Add in NFC and the Nexus will win in every category!
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Guide

I would be extremely excited if that is the case. As for the GS3, all signs point to it having quad-core and all that goodness. Personally, I could not care more for quad-core in a phone. Dual-core is the sweet spot for me, right now.
  3. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I think Samsung is debating which chip to use. They have the Quadcore Exynos 4412 cortex-A9 chip. I'm with you on the dualcore. Why? Samsung is also working on dualcore Exynos 5250 cortex-A15 chip.......which is more faster and powerful than the actual Quadcore! But that one will take awhile. If they use that chip on the Galaxy S III.....game over.
  4. NYCHitman1

I think that A15 chip you mentioned is using 28nm manu. That sh*t cray!
  5. Tommydaniel

Tommydaniel Well-Known Member

Sprint just released this video for the Galaxy Nexus on their Youtube page. Seems a little odd to release the video if the release of the phone wasn't too far away..no?

6. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

Tweet that included this video:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

Im with you on that one boys, the video HAS to mean release is at least relatively close. I love my evo 4g but im ready for an upgrade, and a Nexus at that. I'm going to get this phone day 1 it releases no matter what.
  8. NYCHitman1

The title says it all folks! Sign up for a chance to win your very own Sprint GNex!

Sprint Data Storm

You can thank me later.
    la sal and BabyBlues like this.
  9. la sal

la sal Well-Known Member

Everyday? They make you work for it.
    marctronixx likes this.
  10. NYCHitman1

Lol, I'll work for a Sprint GNex for free.
    DMajor239 likes this.
  11. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

I'm assuming this is coming out in April?
  12. NYCHitman1

I want to say it just might be. Mid-April/early-May release sounds like an accurate assumption at this point.
  13. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

I am doing the entry everyday to try to get one, but with the progress being made on E4GT ROMs lately I might just stick with it until the next Nexus is released, hopefully quad core 8+ MP camera and Sprint LTE.

Who knows though, I have been wanting the Nexus since it was announced back in October, so I might just switch anyways
  14. momentoid

15. Tommydaniel

That's the unlocked GSM model, not CDMA
    momentoid likes this.
  16. momentoid

Sorry, can't believe I missed that.
  17. NYCHitman1

Do you know when they are announcing the winners? I was on there everyday using my email and the misses email. I would use it as a backup device for when I get my EVOLTE.
  18. Tommydaniel

I believe April 16th.
  19. catpowrd

catpowrd Well-Known Member

Anything confirmed on release date yet? Heard rumors of today April 15th and April 22nd. Seems Sprint has forgotten about the Nexus, only talk about LG in April and EVO in late May or June
  20. NYCHitman1

TD believes the 16th, but I'm thinking the 22nd, which is the same date as the LG Viper.
  21. momentoid

While we are playing the guessing game, I want to clarify that an announcement about arrival of GNex may happen the week 4/23 thru 4/27. I doubt it will be available immediately.
  22. Orion

Orion Well-Known Member

23. momentoid

24. SlothyUK

SlothyUK Well-Known Member

Yes, there is always a new/better/faster/prettier *enter electronic product here* coming out soon and *enter electronic product here* is already outdated but I will just be happy to replace my Hero with something better...now. HTC served me well but the good old Hero is on its last legs...

HELLO GNex. Roll on 4-22.

Any pricepoint rumors out there?
  25. Tommydaniel

its $199