[Sprint] gnow voice search not working?

Last Updated:

1. metalbiker

metalbiker Well-Known Member

i updated to 4.2 but now my gnow voice seach just says "unfortunitly google now has stopped"? any tips or tricks to get it to work i actually loved how fast and accurate the voice worked. i am using paranoid android version 2.99 if anyone can help i appreciate it.

Advertisement
  2. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

Wipe cache,dalvik.
    Fix permissions.
    Bad gapps?
    metalbiker likes this.
  3. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Well-Known Member

Yeah make sure you have the 4.2 gapps. Other than that, it should just require fixing permissions. If you're using TWRP, just go to Advanced --> Fix permissions. Takes like 1 second to do, super fast.
    metalbiker likes this.
  4. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

Sometimes you just need to reboot. I've had that happen too.
    metalbiker likes this.
  5. metalbiker

thanks for such a quick reply will try that. i got the official gapps for 4.2.... and when i tried to flash the KDH-Gapps4.2 it would just brick it lol thankfully the nexus is easily fixed with ADB and SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS TOOLKIT. i noticed that rom had a few bugs so i just went to the AOKP MILESTONE 1.... off topic but is there a 4.2 CM10 or 4.2 AOKP out?
  6. slyd

slyd Well-Known Member

KDH_NXT-GEN_GAPPS_4.2_FULL is what I used without problems.
    metalbiker likes this.
  7. metalbiker

yeah for some reason on my device i couldnt use them it actually scared me cause it just would get to the UI and go black so id restart and basically my phone would wipe everthing on it as far as my roms. My cwm would only let me open some O/ file..... idk just wouldnt let me open the UI at all... so i went back and reflashed my rom with a gapps packet for the Nexus7 it worked but not GNOW....
  8. NaterTots

NaterTots Well-Known Member

I don't think CM is out yet. the updated version should be CM10.1 from what I've read.
    I would think in the next week or sooner.
    metalbiker likes this.