Sprint has handled the new Evo shipment very badly

Last Updated:

1. ramiss

ramiss Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Consider this:

1. On 6/19 I went to my local Sprint store and was put on the Evo waiting list.

2. On 6/29 the Sprint web site has Evos available and I decide to order one as an experiment to see if the store calls me before my Online order arrives.

Well. Sprint FAILED the test. My Evo arrives tomorrow morning and I have not heard from my Sprint store.

It is NOT acceptable that a new online order is delivered before an order to someone who has been on a waiting list for 10 friggin days!

Sprint should have taken care of the waiting lists before opening up to the general public. Sorry, but this has me upset!

[/rant]

Advertisement
  2. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

So, Yaaaayyyy, you're getting your evo tomorrow!

3. eric3316

eric3316 Well-Known Member

Um, maybe your Sprint store didn't get them in yet or they needed to fill other back orders first. The store and online are 2 totally different things.

You will see some phones sold online a month before Sprint stores even get their first shipment.

4. ramiss

I know right. I'm so excited I can hardly eat!!!!!! :D

I'm just also pretty upset and over the whole waiting list thing.

*breathing deep and counting to 10*

5. ramiss

Right, so my point is that they should have given all of the phones off the production line to the stores to fill backorders and only given the extra to the online store.

Doesn't seem fair otherwise.

6. raqball

raqball Well-Known Member

WOW, Just WOW... A complaint that I am getting my EVO thread???

What's next???

FAIL

7. PuRock

PuRock Well-Known Member

I've had an Evo for about 2 weeks now. I put my name on a sprint waiting list like 2 weeks ago as well. I still haven't heard back from Sprint.

I'm wondering if "Sticky Notes" was really the appropriate way for them to add me to the waiting list. I'm glad I wasn't counting on them.

8. zamardii12

zamardii12 Well-Known Member

TELESALES (ordering online and customer care) for Sprint and the Sprint stores work out of two totally different warehouses, so because they have it online does not mean the stores are any closer to getting them.

9. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Yea, I do my very very best to never ever set foot in a sprint store. I do everything online.

10. dr g

dr g Well-Known Member

You just learned one of the tenets of Sprint ownerdom.

11. ramiss

Well, that makes me feel a little better, but I still think that at the very top level they should have made an executive decision to solve it.

@raqball : I think you missed my point. I am personally very happy now. But what about the hundreds of people who have been on the list trusting Sprint to treat them right? Just cause I got mine doesn't make my point less valid.

12. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

Sprint stores are only good for 2 things (1) playing with new phones before you buy and (2) repairs (if its a repair center).

13. plopez12

plopez12 Well-Known Member

Sprint online ships directly from their warehouse...a sprint store has to wait for their shipment to arrive first...simple as that...you can't just allocate all of the phones to stores that have waiting lists and leave nothing for the website...either way someone would have complained...there would be a post on here about how someone's sprint store got their shipment in and they are excited about having their evo...and then someone will complain that the store had it in first when it should have been online first because they have been out of stock for so long...just enjoy your evo once you get it...and trust me once you get it you will forget all about this rant :)!!!

14. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

My local Sprint Store has stopped taking customers names for the waiting list, the manager said they had to stop adding names and when the list is gone, sell on a first come, first serve basis. :(

15. alansauce

alansauce Well-Known Member

sounds like the sprint retail front has a ways to go, I got mine at radioshack and it went super smooth. came in when they said it would, then they called me to come pick it up.

16. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Well-Known Member

Man do you go around peoples threads thinking of ways to f*** with them? He had something to say don't say anything if you have nothing nice to say.

17. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

My Sprint Store called me today to let me know my replacement Evo was in. I didn't even know I was on any sort of list.

18. zamardii12

I am friends with two Sprint managers of corporate stores and they have assured me I will have a replacement in my hands this week so perhaps the shipments are starting up again. I'll report back here with what kind of phone I get. It's been a while now that the Evo has released so i'm curious how this phone will be because i'm on my second now. I really hope I get my replacement this week.

19. zamardii12

Let us know how it is and if it's a different hardware version, or any changes at all.

20. nRRe

nRRe Well-Known Member

i was on the waiting list at Best Buy for a week before i got one. 2 other people were there getting theirs when i got mine. smiles all around.