• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Help please

Dariuas

Lurker
Sep 30, 2013
My phone just updated this morning, I don't know what version I was on before, but now my root is gone.

I used Odin to put L720VPUAMDC_L720SPTAMDC_L720VPUAMDC_HOME.tar on my phone the last time I rooted.

But now I am worried that something has changed, and if I use that to put it back on my phone, and regain the root; something will go wrong and bam, brick.

Any assistance would be great.

This is the about info

Software Version L720VPUAMDL

Hardware 720.08

Model SPH-L720
Android V 4.2.

Baseban Versiion L720VPUAMDL
Kernal Version
3.4.0-529760
se.infra@SEP-107 #1
Sat Ap 27 18:12:21 KST 2013

Build #: JDQ39.L720VPUAMDL
SELinux status
Permissiove

This is a sprint device.

If you've had the phone a while I'm surprised you survived this long on MDC. MDL is still one update away from the current version. You might as well go to the Software update menu and download the final update to MF9. At that point make sure you back up your personal files or have sync enabled for the proper items. Many users have to factory reset after the update to clean out some software issues.

From there, you can use QBKing's site and video (see sig) to root MF9.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones