Sprint Hero and Wifi Encryption Issue

Last Updated:

1. dub2501

dub2501 New Member This Topic's Starter

Anyone run into this issue or have a fix for it? Really appreciate any help in advance.

I have an AT&T Supplied 2wire 2701HG-B Gateway - Software: 5.29.109.11. When I connect my Sprint Hero via WiFi to the router - if I have ANY encryption enabled (WEP-PSK \ WPA-PSK \ WPA2-PSK) the Hero will connect and recieve an IP Address - however it will keep dropping the IP address every <30 secs. HOWEVER - if I disable all encryption and leave the channel open, I can connect as long as I want without any disconnects.

I have gone thru each available Wireless Security setting - and all five produce this result.

Obviously, ipod touch, xbox 360, laptops all connect via whatever encryption without error - Hero is only device with issue.

Spent all morning on it, ready to throw it thru the window, any advice?

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

3. 305Cane

305Cane Well-Known Member

i sometimes have an issue with the phone autoconnecting to the wireless once i enable the wifi on the phone, but i never have drops. always worked quite well for me. i hope you find your solution.

4. doneve141

doneve141 Well-Known Member

I have a linksys router with all the security I can set up, including the macaddress filter. I have had no problems with my WiFi. I also connect to a couple of other unsecured networks without any hitched. The only suggestion I have is to try the MAC filter on yours.

5. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member