Sprint Hero Battery Damaged??

Last Updated:

1. JohnnyAce

JohnnyAce New Member This Topic's Starter

Friday evening I was driving to Myrtle Beach, SC and needed to use the navigation app. I started up Sprint Navigation and noticed my battery was just below 50% and knowing I still had 2 1/2 hours to go I plugged in a charger. After about an hour I noticed the notification light was alternating between amber and green. I looked around for a notification (and found none) but noticed the HTC battery widget was no longer "percolating". I started the app and had a "Battery Overheat" message. Now I am finding that after my phone charges it is draing while asleep at a rate of about 10% every 1/2 hour. I have checked battery usage and it shows Cellular Standby at about 48%, Phone Idle at about 45% and Display at 7%.
    Is it possible that the battery is terminally damaged? The HTC battery widget shows the battery health as Healthy.

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

There could be a short in the car charger. If everything is ok without it being on the car charger then I would say that is it.

3. JohnnyAce

JohnnyAce New Member This Topic's Starter

I thought about that but I have used this charger in the past without any ill effects and I have not used it since Friday. I have been charging from the HTC supplied wall wort and from my PC USB port.

I mis-spoke when I said I used Sprint Navigation. I actually used the Google Maps Navigation (beta). I restarted the Google Maps app a while ago and it was still calculating my route so that may be it, although Advanced Task Killer has not shown it running. I cleared the Google Maps (by pressing "Clear Map") so we'll see. I am still afraid that having nav running, the display on and plugged in charging damaged the battery. I am charging now and if I wake up with 90% battery then all is good. However, if I wake up with 15% battery (as I did this morning after 100% when I went to bed) I am going to see Sprint.
    I expect to be angry if I have to do that. I am not paying for a replacement battery after using a native app and the supplied charger.
    We'll see.
    I still invite any and all observations and feedback.