sprint hero cdma custom roms????

Last Updated:

1. flacraker

flacraker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok i have searched, for list of decent roms for sprint hero w google cdma, ive found older posts but not very informative, want something to speed it up, function a little better... mainly just wanna mess with my phone till i find something better. if there is a list of good ones out at the moment, pics would be helpfull also, and links to were to get them... thanks for the help and insight.

Advertisement
  2. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

these are just about all the custom roms you can get for the hero. froyo is the best in my opinion
    Hero CDMA Android Development - xda-developers

Froyo
    [ROM] CyanogenMod-6 for Hero CDMA - V6.0.0-RC1 (08/15/2010) - xda-developers

3. viperlocc

viperlocc Well-Known Member

Froyo is the greatest. Its the new 2.2 and from what I understand, they will have a final in October (fingers crossed). Ive been doing the nightlies myself (well once a weeklies i call em lol)

4. flacraker

I actally just flashed it and had to use my nanbackup, my accounts would not flash, and I couldn't find the market, and what are nightlys......

5. androidtp

androidtp Well-Known Member

Go ahead and keep the froyo flashed. did you flash one of the uncapped kernals as well? that speeds the phone as well as keep the battery running good. If not, here's the link for the kernal. #13 is great (9/11)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=756774

flash this to get your google add ons

Google Addon MDPI-20100816 - CyanogenMod Forum

we have battery tweaks as well once you have these flashed

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=762283

you have RC1 or the nightlys -- which are updated just about every week. they are the froyo roms but just are updated. you can see the full page of them here.

http://mirror.kanged.net/cm/nightly/heroc/

the ones at the bottom are the newest roms hence the dates for them. those are the ones you'll flash. no need to wipe if you already flashed one of the nightlys. you'll re-flash the kernals and battery tweeks (if any), however..

6. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

7. flacraker

Thanks for the insight, will definetly retry it tonight, I did now about all the other flashes. Thanks again.

8. Aladinsane1969

Aladinsane1969 Member

Hey Man,

Thanks for all the tips; I'm a total newb, and I've learned a lot. Question for you, though: I flashed the most recent stable uncapped kernal from the link you recommended (it was just added yesterday), and then flashed the most recent version of the Collin_ph Battery Tweak. But when I try to configure the battery, it's not giving me permission. Is this because the uncapped kernal is conflicting with it (he mentions that overclocking programs will interfere with it, but since you recommended running them both, I was hoping they'd work together). I'm running the most recent version of Froyo, which just came out this morning. Any help would be appreciated!

9. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

You can use both the battery tweak and the uncapped kernel together, just make that setcpu or oc widget is uninstalled. Those will conflict with the battery tweak. You should be able to set frequencies through the battery tweak.

go here http://www.primoweb.com/froyo and click more info

10. Aladinsane1969

Aladinsane1969 Member

Hmm, I don't see either of those widgets in my list of apps. Any advice on how to find and/or uninstall them?