Sprint Hero Email Questions?

Last Updated:

1. I am 138

I am 138 Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this is a noob question, but I've got something odd going on with my gmail account when using my hero.

Currently I'm using handcent as my default sms app, temp fix for the battery thing (I hope, because I miss my SMS widget) and I think that this is related. When I get new email, the default "mail" program picks only what is new/recent up, but another notification comes up with an @ symbol and pulls all of my gmail inbox. The problem is that I can't seem to figure out what program it is and its getting annoying that I get 2 notifications everytime.

Any ideas?

My phone also randomly restarted yesterday afternoon, seems to be at least a few other people online that have mentioned this, but I can't seem to get a solid answer on it, anyone know what is going on there?

Thanks! :cool:

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

You might try to temporarily unistall Handcent to see if that is causing the conflict ...

You may also need to do a factory reset as this clears a multitude of sins ...and jacked settings ....

Just use a backup program if you choose to .. I like MyBackup Pro ..

3. dean.collins.dc

dean.collins.dc Member

lemme get this straight you are using the mail app over the gmail app to check your gmail account?

if so maybe you have gmail activated under your data synchronization settings which would cause both apps to retrieve your email.

To check the setting, just go to: Settings -> Data Synchronization -> Google, there you will see a check box for google mail.

If it is checked, uncheck it and only the default mail app should now retrieve your emails