Sprint Hero for $49, NOT!

Last Updated:

1. DaWeav

DaWeav Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I received a Radio Shack sale flyer via email shown below, but when I went to the Radio Shack Website the Hero has been replaced by the Samsung Moment. I found the Hero on Radio Shack's website, but not for $49. It was $179 renew contract, and $99 new contract. Oh well, I guess the advertisement department photoshopped the wrong Sprint 'w/Google' phone in the email add...

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

That might be something special for your area. Did you look for the weekly ad using your zip code. The ad for me shows the Moment.

3. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

hahaha... there is NO WAY I would allow Sprint to give NEW customers a better deal than one to keep me. Call Sprint and ask for account retention services, talk to them... bet you get the deal. Just be nice and patient, even if it takes hanging up and getting the right person on the phone. If stonewalled then ask for a supervisor. Been with Sprint for a long time... I have had them agree to handset pricing by competitors (Verizon) for similar phones, i.e., like the Touch Pro II where Sprint was asking for a $100+ more. Pffft! Anyway, give it a shot, only costs a call... Oh, just a suggestion, call after 6pm Eastern time, I have gotten consistently better results when doing that for reasons not needed to explain here.

Good luck!
    :cool:

4. paulgl26

paulgl26 Active Member

take the ad to best buy
    they will mach the price

5. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

yeah.. the one for me shows the moment as 49.99 and the Hero as 99.99