Sprint hero htc sync

Last Updated:

1. jimnilson

jimnilson New Member This Topic's Starter

Just recently my Hero won't sync (it did before with Win 7) my PC now recognizes the Hero but then gets Errors: 2 General, Error due to: Connection to mobile phone timed out.
    Any one know why this recently is happening? Is there a way to reinstall htc sync on both devices?
    Thanks, Jim

Advertisement
  2. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

I would check your device manager to make sure you don't have any driver issues. Make sure USB debugging is turned off. HTC Sync can most certainly be uninstalled/reinstalled on your PC, on the Hero...not so much.

3. golpher

golpher Active Member

Plug in USB
    Drag down task bar
    Click "USB connected"
    Click "Mount"

4. jeremylobaugh

jeremylobaugh Well-Known Member

You don't mount it to use HTC Sync, all that does is mount the SD card so it appears to be a flash drive to your PC

5. golpher

golpher Active Member

^^:goodpost:
    DOH thats right,, i was too eager to solve his problem before fully understanding it :p

6. tHERO

tHERO Member

check the drivers, theres a popular problem of those not installing properly, and the "update" tool will not do it for you.

7. jimnilson

jimnilson New Member This Topic's Starter

I have upgraded HTC Sync and installed the drivers recommended for Win7. My phone is recognized and sync is initiated when it fails. Could there be anything with Outlook that is causing the problem?

8. tHERO

tHERO Member

Did you go to My computer (right click) and point the device drivers to the folder manually? that is really the key. If the phone connects to the PC and the HTC software runs, but the two arent finding each other - that is a good indication that the drivers aren't fully installed/updated.

9. bilkay

bilkay Member

I just had the same thing happen to me today. How annoying. I'll chime in again if I get it fixed.

10. bilkay

bilkay Member

Oh, one more thing. It's absolutely ridiculous that the HTC Sync program breaks like this. Synchronizing your work calendar (in my case Outlook) to your phone is one of the most important functions of the device. It's critical for me, and I don't want it to break. Or have to fix it myself. I'm not lazy, just annoyed. Sheesh.

Rant over.

11. tHERO

tHERO Member

To bilkay, I agree, (re Outlook calendar) I thought i had that fixed as well but I don't - its not being lazy, its called being efficient. thats what these phones are supposed to help us do. Please advise if you find a fix.