• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint hero no sleep mode battery drain?

After fully charging my sprint hero (with stock 2.1 rooted) the battery would only last for 4 hours at max without having wifi, bluetooth or gps and with little use which was strange because usually it would last all day. After searching forums I found out that other people were having the same problem and it was cause by the phone not going into sleep mode. Over and over it was said the sms app that came with the phone was causing the problems so i removed it and my hero still wasnt sleeping. So I did a factor resest reinstalled 2.1 and rooted and deleted sms and my phone has been going into sleep mode up untill yesterday when three hours after taking my phone off the charger it was dead and I check the phones run time it was 100%. I continued to search for an answer to my problem and found that something called gsd.apk and gsd.odex keep the phone from sleeping.

My questions are 1 does it make sense that if it is the gsd.apk it would take a week for it to stop my phone from sleeping? 2 Could someone give me a step by step way to uninstall the gsd apk and odex im pretty new to android? 3 could it just be something with the stock 2.1 or root that is causing this and are their cutom 2.1 roms out there that dont have this sleep problem?

If someone could help me to get my phone to sleep it would be much appreciated. I have had no other problems with my hero which is sad because the only problem I do have makes the phone virtually useless:(.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones