Sprint Hero w/2.1 -VS- Droid Incredible (thoughts and opinions)

Last Updated:

1. nick325i

nick325i Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I went to the Verizon store last night hoping to get a glimpse of what the EVO may be like and played with the Droid Incredible for a half hour.

In overall speed the Incredible feels about %10-20 faster. Screen switches, app launching and the fact its running LWP the whole time without a hitch.

In form factor the phone does not seem excessively large or heavy so no real advantage or trade-off there.

After the digging, I could not find any features on it other than carrier specific ones, that I don't already have on a software level.

Other than the 8MP camera and dual led, I was completely underwhelmed.

Leaving the Verizon store I felt really good about having a hero for as long as I have and not missing a beat on the Android front.

Unless the EVO has some staggering differences or 4g gets lit up in the middle of Wisconsin anytime soon. I'm betting on the fact that I'll be passing on the EVO for the next big thing. I was really looking forward to it, now I'm looking forward to saving $300+ dollars and my premiere upgrade for something better.

Advertisement
  2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

the main things for me is:

bigger screen

4G with voice+data

better camera

in that order. if the 4G with voice + data dont happen, i might wait to see what might be out next.

3. robwerden

robwerden Active Member

I think the snapdragon is for app developers though an opportunity to really enhance apps. The HDMI out and the 720 recording are also nice features.

Your looking at the comparison like a iphone user might look at it. Trying to see different features. The obvious view to look at is how a PC user decides to upgrade a computer, simply due to the speed increase. When the PS3 game system came out, most developers had not made a game that could utilize the GPU's capabilities. Just as a comparison.

4. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

10%-20%? Are you sure? I've spent a little time with my brother's DI and it's easily double the speed. No question. 10% is a subtle, slight, improvement. There's nothing subtle about the difference between the Hero and the DI.

5. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

I would have to agree. I went from an eris to the incredible and it is double, if not more, the speed of my eris.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

I'm happy paying 60 a month for unlimited text, data and mobile to mobile minutes (i think I use 15 of my regular minutes a month). No doubt the incredible is a better phone, but imo it's not worth the extra cost each month.

7. nick325i

I'm rooted with Fresh 2.0d so I already have optimized apk's and improvement from stock 1.5 so my 10-20% is accurate in my testing.

8. lewi3069

lewi3069 Well-Known Member

front video camera... very nice if skype comes out for sprint and you can do vid calls.

9. 84guy

84guy Well-Known Member

evo is way bigger then the incredible. 4.3 vs 3.7

nick325i likes this.
  10. nick325i

I somehow overlooked that. However with that being said can we assume that the battery life will suffer from that ?

11. SamXp

SamXp Well-Known Member

Fresh 2.0d with aggressive autokiller here and there's no way I'm 80%-90% as fast as the DI. I can turn on haptic feedback in typing and it can keep up with me with zero lag. And I'm fast.
    Just sayin - play with the DI a little more. People can expect a vastly dramatic improvement in speed from the Hero to the Incredible.

12. karnoff

karnoff Well-Known Member

you should have tried the voice search or voice nav on the incredible. its absolutely spot on. cant compete with whats on my hero.

13. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Well, it is using the snapdragon processor.. not to mention the increase in RAM

14. Taterus Maximus

Taterus Maximus Well-Known Member

Also don't forget that the Evo will have HDMI out and the ability for HD playback, and just think of how fast a Fresh Evo would be, I'm pretty sure Flipz said he would support it after it's rooted

15. scottmbolt

scottmbolt Well-Known Member

Amen to that brotha!

16. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

The odds are that I personally would never actually use any of the above features but it's damn nice to have them on my mobile phone nonetheless.