• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Hero w/2.1 -VS- Droid Incredible (thoughts and opinions)

nick325i

Android Enthusiast
Nov 11, 2009
I went to the Verizon store last night hoping to get a glimpse of what the EVO may be like and played with the Droid Incredible for a half hour.

In overall speed the Incredible feels about %10-20 faster. Screen switches, app launching and the fact its running LWP the whole time without a hitch.

In form factor the phone does not seem excessively large or heavy so no real advantage or trade-off there.

After the digging, I could not find any features on it other than carrier specific ones, that I don't already have on a software level.

Other than the 8MP camera and dual led, I was completely underwhelmed.

Leaving the Verizon store I felt really good about having a hero for as long as I have and not missing a beat on the Android front.

Unless the EVO has some staggering differences or 4g gets lit up in the middle of Wisconsin anytime soon. I'm betting on the fact that I'll be passing on the EVO for the next big thing. I was really looking forward to it, now I'm looking forward to saving $300+ dollars and my premiere upgrade for something better.

I think the snapdragon is for app developers though an opportunity to really enhance apps. The HDMI out and the 720 recording are also nice features.

Your looking at the comparison like a iphone user might look at it. Trying to see different features. The obvious view to look at is how a PC user decides to upgrade a computer, simply due to the speed increase. When the PS3 game system came out, most developers had not made a game that could utilize the GPU's capabilities. Just as a comparison.

Upvote 0
In overall speed the Incredible feels about %10-20 faster. Screen switches, app launching and the fact its running LWP the whole time without a hitch.
10%-20%? Are you sure? I've spent a little time with my brother's DI and it's easily double the speed. No question. 10% is a subtle, slight, improvement. There's nothing subtle about the difference between the Hero and the DI.

Upvote 0
10%-20%? Are you sure? I've spent a little time with my brother's DI and it's easily double the speed. No question. 10% is a subtle, slight, improvement. There's nothing subtle about the difference between the Hero and the DI.
I would have to agree. I went from an eris to the incredible and it is double, if not more, the speed of my eris.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I'm rooted with Fresh 2.0d so I already have optimized apk's and improvement from stock 1.5 so my 10-20% is accurate in my testing.
Fresh 2.0d with aggressive autokiller here and there's no way I'm 80%-90% as fast as the DI. I can turn on haptic feedback in typing and it can keep up with me with zero lag. And I'm fast.
Just sayin - play with the DI a little more. People can expect a vastly dramatic improvement in speed from the Hero to the Incredible.

Upvote 0
Fresh 2.0d with aggressive autokiller here and there's no way I'm 80%-90% as fast as the DI. I can turn on haptic feedback in typing and it can keep up with me with zero lag. And I'm fast.
Just sayin - play with the DI a little more. People can expect a vastly dramatic improvement in speed from the Hero to the Incredible.

Well, it is using the snapdragon processor.. not to mention the increase in RAM

Upvote 0
Also don't forget that the Evo will have HDMI out and the ability for HD playback, and just think of how fast a Fresh Evo would be, I'm pretty sure Flipz said he would support it after it's rooted

The odds are that I personally would never actually use any of the above features but it's damn nice to have them on my mobile phone nonetheless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones