• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Hotspot Feature with 2.2 ?'s

I was at a friends house last night who has a htc incredible. He showed me a hack he found to get into some kind of settings where he was able to change the "dun" on the phone and enable wifi hotspot without paying for it. I did a google search for the EVO, but couldn't find anything without having to root (waiting for unrev. 3.2). So, I decided to just give my evo a try and turned on the wifi hotspot setting. I did get the error message that many people have talked about, but then the wifi hotspot turned on and I was able to connect my laptop and my wife's phone to my evo. I am not signed up for the hotspot and I am not paying the $30 monthly fee for the service so does anyone know how this is happening and will I be charged for it? I have had my phone for about 3 months so definitely not in the 30 day trial period. Would sprint be able to charge me for this service even though I did not sign up for it? Also, does anyone know about the "dun" method I talked about above? My friend did his incredible pretty easy, but as I said, I couldn't find anything about it on the EVO. Maybe a Verizon thing, I don't know.

Are you on 2.2 or 2.1? Apparently you can tether 4G free on 2.1.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones