[Sprint] how to make Sprint device use att network

Last Updated:

1. resa2012

resa2012 Well-Known Member

How can I make my galaxy s4 use att. Samsung told me there are unlock codes I have to Get from Sprint. But I'm avoiding that I owe them, for good reason.

How can I make my Sprint contract phone become a prepaid att phone

2. MLSS

MLSS Well-Known Member

Sprint uses a CDMA network and AT&T uses a GSM network so you can't.
    resa2012 likes this.
  3. resa2012

So there's no way humanly possible to to access the Sprint unlock codes without calling Sprint?
  4. resa2012

Another words there no way to change cdma to gsm network?
  5. MLSS

MLSS Well-Known Member

CDMA doesn't use Sim cards and GSM does, so they are not compatible.
  6. Shabbypenguin

Shabbypenguin Well-Known Member Developer

This is entirely possible. you need to sim unlock the device by either contacting sprint or following the xda guide/tool. once you have unlocked it put the att sim in and then follow the att/tmobile guide and youll have a sprint s4 on att/tmobile. youll need to edit the apn's to get data/mms working, and even then it will be 2g/3g/4g hspa+ youll get. sprints s4 does not have the right bands for att/tmobile 4glte, but it will at least be working :)
    resa2012 and DaisFlaque like this.
  7. skrapmetal

skrapmetal Well-Known Member

I bought a used Sprint S4 that I now use with straight talk (AT&T) prepaid. I had to unlock it internationally first, then domestically. It took me many hours because I wasn't sure what I was doing but just like Shabby said, you'll get H+. Everything works including MMS. In my area its FAST but results may differ. I used this thread to unlock:
    DaisFlaque and luis32744 like this.
  8. luis32744

luis32744 Active Member

Oh man Thanks I actually unlocked mine too to be used internationally but I want to unlock it so I can use it domestically I'm going to check out the post. :)
  9. luis32744

luis32744 Active Member

Proof that it can be done. This is a video I did to show that the Sprint S4 can be unlocked Domestically http://youtu.be/NcBipf25u6s
    DaisFlaque likes this.
  10. DaisFlaque

DaisFlaque Well-Known Member

Thx shabby ;)

Edit: After revising the entire thread.. my thanks must accompany all that helped make this information obtainable. Lol
  11. demonik74

demonik74 New Member

I need my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4 switched over to Straight Talk can someone please help me my phone is completely deactivated
  12. lupie

lupie Member

actually they are if you have the sprint SPH L 7 20 T because it's what's known as a universal phone that can go to all networks but is a sol kind of deal to get it to work with any other network that uses SIM cards you can easily call sprint gilmore give them over the runaround at speak to a manager give them the serial number and I will give you your m_s_l and your m_s_l is going to be the same exact code is no different over and your exact phone but using it I have not figured out yet
  13. MLSS

MLSS Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you have some auto correct issues or what, but maybe you should edit this just a tad.