[Sprint] HTC Hero 2.1 music and various other problemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Nuri

Nuri New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so recently after lurking for quite some time and reading up on HTC Hero 2.1 on this forum as well as various others I decided to slap 2.1 on my Hero. Now half of the complaints that I did read about didn't seem to happen for me, in fact it all seemed to be quite the opposite. Everything was working quite fast and it was just a pleasure to actually use my phone again. Everything just looked so nice.

Then came the ultimate test of Mp3 functionality. Which my HTC has become my main MP3 player [yes weak of me but I can't find the charger for my other one :( ]. In any event I first downloaded last.fm which I used quite often and when I tested it out, it seemed okay at first. Then about halfway through a song it suddenly stopped. I checked my advanced task killer and saw three copies of Last.fm going, so I closed two of them and tried to play again. When I started last.fm again two more instances started up again.

This isn't the only problem I noticed with media/music though. When I uninstalled last.fm [after trying it with the standard media player]. I also tried the standard media player after uninstalling last.fm. The same thing happened again, played through some of the song and stopped this time it wasn't halfway.

Everything else in 2.1 has been going so awesome, save for this throwback. I was wondering is there anyway to fix this so I could get my music back?

Just to make note I don't know much about rooting or all that stuff, so simple words and guides will be helpful. :D I am not that stupid, but it will make the learning process and actual doing that much easier. P.S sorry about any mistakes, this is my first thread.

Advertisement
  2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

3. Nuri

Nuri New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you for the suggestion and thank you for the guide to rooting. Just did a hard reset and will edit in my response after testing the media player afterwords. Will also look into rooting.

Also thank you mod or admin that moved this to the right spot :)

[edit]
    Seems to be working for things on my SD card so I assume it's working fine now. Thank you for that :D I've got my music back finally on the Hero!

[edit 2]
    Now I'm wondering what is the specs for the HTC Hero Lockscreen on 2.1? It used to ask me about zooming in on some of the pictures I have on it, but have not been given this option. I searched for a bit, but came across the same question and was told of an app that had pre-made wallpapers. I was actually hoping to use my own. So I was wondering does anyone know of an app or sizes for Lockscreen as well as the normal one I suppose?

P.S. sorry that I simply just did an edit, but I figured it was the best way rather than making another thread :)