Sprint HTC Hero Forum Created!

Last Updated:

1. Rob

Rob I'm tellin' mommy on you! Administrator This Topic's Starter

You folks asked for your own separate Sprint HTC Hero forum/sub-forum/thread so I hooked it up! I hope there are enough of you to make this one of our busiest forums because lets face it- as Sprint's first Android Phone this is a HUGE deal.

Let the partying begin!

Advertisement
  2. NYVetteGuy

NYVetteGuy Well-Known Member

Looking forward to sharing experiences with the phone...and the hunt for accessories [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. medicX

medicX Member

I was originally doing tons of research on the wifi tour reportedly coming out next year for sprint when i found the hero... i have literally been on the net everyday for a couple of months reading every review, new and old on this device. i think that android has a lot of potential, and that it is perfect for those that want customization. i know that soon, faster, better devices will be coming out running android on them, but i think the HERO is the perfect place to start!
    I look forward to talking to all of the phone enthusiasts here in the upcoming weeks and months.

4. sr1982

sr1982 Well-Known Member

I do the same thing. About 5 times a day I do a "google news" search of "Sprint HTC Hero."

5. bamboos

bamboos Member

..I was starting to think that I am being paranoid but glad to see that I am not alone. For past 2 months, 90% of my web presence is spent researching HTC hero/Sprint and android..

At this point, I just want to have it already and move on with life... :)

I have not yet preordered at BB although I think about doing that atleast twice a day. My dilemma is due to the fact that there seems to be a deluge of android devices on the horizon, some rumored to be much more powerful and I keep thinking if I should wait a bit more.... OTOH, i think I should get it now because the 'newer model chase' never ends....

Anybody having similar symptoms???

6. sr1982

sr1982 Well-Known Member

Well I am on Sprint and get a 27% discount so I am limited to the Hero. I have yet to hear of any other Android phone that is rumored to come to Sprint. If I am missing one, please let me know

7. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

Thanks Rob, this is indeed good news.

8. Bernal

Bernal Well-Known Member

It's been on the back of my mind, but I've decided to go with the Hero. The decision for me wasn't too hard given a couple key points. One, I'm on Sprint and I'm staying. The only android options for Sprint are the Hero and InstinctQ. While I like some of the features that the InstinctQ is rumored to have, it's still a slide out keyboard phone and has will likely have all the bulk normally associated with that. I would rarely use it based on my past experience, so that alone takes it off my list.

The other thing making me want to get it now is that I want to get my contract period started as soon as possible so that next year I'm ready for another switch. While we are on the verge of seeing some phones with great features, I expect that what we have hitting the streets for the holidays next year will be even more amazing and I'd hate to delay my purchase now and end up pushing my next upgrade out even further.

9. bamboos

bamboos Member

sr1982, I was referring to the general android crowd. You are right about Sprint-Android options. But in any case, Hero, even if the only choice with sprint, seems like a winner to me.

I too get 20% off of monthly sprint fees thru my employer. So going with Sprint make a lot of sense for me, especially in light of the recently anounced any-mobile, anytime plan. So I am going to signup with Sprint eventhough that means I will have to carry my work phone along with my new Hero...

10. bamboos

bamboos Member

Bernal, your second argument is SUPER! Didn't think of that. Makes a lot of sense.. Thanx

11. medicX

medicX Member

yeah, i felt the same way. i definitely know that i am staying with sprint mainly because of the prices, the new unlimited mobile to mobile features, etc. i was also starting to look at the TP2 along w/ the BB Tour. but again, the hero is an awesome start for those of us new to android. being a so called "premier" member, you can upgrade yearly for the discount price. that being said, you mine as well get the hero. if not, you'll be holding out forever.

12. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

I missed this post the first time through, but you are missing one Android thats rumored to hit Sprint.

Samsungs Instinct Q

Its even got a forum already. Its a side slider with Qwerty Keyboard. Possibly has an AMOLED screen, rumored it might have 32g on board memory, WiFi and a Micro SDHC Card that can handle 32g when they show up.

13. ChrisPlague

ChrisPlague Well-Known Member

thanks Rob we definately appreciate it!

14. thatjerk

thatjerk Well-Known Member

This is the best Hero Forum on the Web!

15. WileBill

WileBill New Member

So where is the Cellular South Hero forum? ;)