Sprint HTC Hero Messages Force Close And Deletes

Last Updated:

1. dukey133

dukey133 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I spent a while looking for an answer to this but found nothing that helped. I have had a Sprint HTC Hero for a while and I absolutely love it, but when my messages get over only a couple 100 or even less, I will be sending a message or reading one and the messages app will force close and then when I come back to my messages, they are all deleted. I also often have to restart the phone just to get the messages to work again. At first I just thought of this as a way the hero refreshes itself, but I have been missing things and losing messages all the time lately and it is bothering me. Does anyone else experience this or have a solution of some sort?

I can probably give more details if this is confusing. Thank you for any help any one can give.

Advertisement
  2. bikedogrun

bikedogrun Well-Known Member

Sounds like a memory issue... do you keep lots of apps open? How much memory do you have free???

/BD

3. dukey133

dukey133 New Member This Topic's Starter

I usually am not running a lot of apps at all and I use advanced task killer somewhat often. I have 1764 MB available out of 1883 on my SD card and 60 MB available on my internal phone storage.