• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint HTC HERO: Oct. 11, $179, No Chin

phandroid

Admin News Bot
Apr 12, 2008
Excuse me for sleeping! At 4AM I hopped in bed, thinking this Sprint Hero Announcement was a pretty darn good story I scooped. I wake up a few hours later to find out that it is now even more officially officialized as they have sent out a Press Release will full details! Sprint’s HTC Hero [...]

More...

This is great news. But I wish ATT was getting it too!

The chart on the blog shows that the android phones have Google integration and that the Iphone does not. What do they mean by this? Doesnt Iphone now have push Gmail integration? Or is this simply refering to the Google android OS?

I have some "friends" with Iphones and when I mention Androids excelent integration with Gmail they wonder how it might be better than what they have on Iphone; and I dont have an answer. IS Android better integrataed with Gmail than the Iphone?

Upvote 0
This is great news. But I wish ATT was getting it too!

The chart on the blog shows that the android phones have Google integration and that the Iphone does not. What do they mean by this? Doesnt Iphone now have push Gmail integration? Or is this simply refering to the Google android OS?

I have some "friends" with Iphones and when I mention Androids excelent integration with Gmail they wonder how it might be better than what they have on Iphone; and I dont have an answer. IS Android better integrataed with Gmail than the Iphone?
It's not just push GMail - the Google Calendar also syncs automatically with the calendar on the Android handsets. Can the iPhone do that?

Upvote 0
It's not just push GMail - the Google Calendar also syncs automatically with the calendar on the Android handsets. Can the iPhone do that?

My understanding is the iphone will sync with the google calendar when connected to your desktop. But with an add on app (free) it will also sync wirelessly over the net with gcalendar, and apps also allow push gmail.

I guess what I a looking for is; how is the android integration better with google apps than iphone. Android propaganda seems to indicate its better, but Im not sure exactly how.

Im seriously considering the new Hero on sprint myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones