Sprint HTC HERO: Oct. 11, $179, No Chin

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

Excuse me for sleeping! At 4AM I hopped in bed, thinking this Sprint Hero Announcement was a pretty darn good story I scooped. I wake up a few hours later to find out that it is now even more officially officialized as they have sent out a Press Release will full details! Sprint’s HTC Hero [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. cwrig

cwrig Well-Known Member

This is great news. But I wish ATT was getting it too!

The chart on the blog shows that the android phones have Google integration and that the Iphone does not. What do they mean by this? Doesnt Iphone now have push Gmail integration? Or is this simply refering to the Google android OS?

I have some "friends" with Iphones and when I mention Androids excelent integration with Gmail they wonder how it might be better than what they have on Iphone; and I dont have an answer. IS Android better integrataed with Gmail than the Iphone?

3. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

It's not just push GMail - the Google Calendar also syncs automatically with the calendar on the Android handsets. Can the iPhone do that?

4. cwrig

cwrig Well-Known Member

My understanding is the iphone will sync with the google calendar when connected to your desktop. But with an add on app (free) it will also sync wirelessly over the net with gcalendar, and apps also allow push gmail.

I guess what I a looking for is; how is the android integration better with google apps than iphone. Android propaganda seems to indicate its better, but Im not sure exactly how.

Im seriously considering the new Hero on sprint myself.

5. diplomat2387

diplomat2387 Member

Has anybody seen this video of the Sprint HTC Hero...Looks cool..I am sold on this device...

YouTube - Hero Intro

6. UnderWhat?

UnderWhat? Well-Known Member

Why is everyone loving this new Hero? I hate the look of it

7. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

While I dont hate the look, I like it less then the Euro version and more than the China version, that gold tone was killing it.

Oh oh, I know what the iPhone doesnt have over an Android Device. A Google Voice app. Thats gonna be one the the must haves on my Hero. :)

8. DewWorm

DewWorm New Member

Android on Sprint - it just doesn't get any better than this for me, technologically speaking.

9. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

Wot? No chin? :(

10. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Such an ugly version of the Hero.