sprint htc hero speaker sound

Last Updated:

1. VReyes

VReyes Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

new to this great forum.

anyways i could not find a specific thread about my question so i thought i would start one.

is anyone else having the issue on their speaker that it gets distorted when the volume is high. plus i think the sound is not even that loud when its high.

is this how the sprint htc hero is or do i need to get a new one?

thanks in advance.

VR

Advertisement
  2. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Well-Known Member

I have no distortion even at the highest volume. All my music is encoded at 256k or better. This is the best speaker I have ever had on a phone.

3. VReyes

ok. thanks.

maybe its the phone. i tried to compare on my blackberry and seems the BB is way louder.

anyone else can confirm before i take it back to sprint.

thanks

4. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

Yea this speaker is amazing the loudest ive ever heard on a phone you should take it back

5. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Mine sounds awesome streaming Pandora. I've only turned it all the way up a few times cause I don't want to risk blowing the speaker, but when I did it sounded good. I usually have it 3/4 of the way up and it's plenty loud.

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

You aren't crazy. My speaker sounds not even remotely as good as a cheap (but decent pair of headphones. ANY speaker can and will sound distorted if you are pushing it beyond it's limits (ex. Just because I have legs doesn't mean I can run a marathon).

FWIW, I worked on/repair speakers on a daily basis as part of my job.

7. VReyes

any distortion when its loud?

8. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Not really, but I've only left it at full volume for a few seconds.

9. joeteach

joeteach New Member

My speaker is terrible too. There is lots of distortion. My external speakers and headphones sound fine though. It isn't as loud as I like but then again I was born in the 60's and nothing but earblowing is loud enough for me.

10. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Hmm, I don't think the phone is very loud but at it's maximum volume it's still decent. I just wish the vibration was a bit stronger imo.

11. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

Everyone complaining about how quiet the phone is try this. Put the phone on a flat hard surface face up. I noticed when I do this it sounds alot better. Like when I'm folding laundry I put it on my dresser top and it sounds great. Then I found if I set it on my alarm clock with the phone speaker pointed into the clock speaker it sounds even better. I don't know if it's the sound being bounced back or what, but it does improve the sound. If I'm holding it in my hand it still sounds decent though.

12. harry22

harry22 New Member

I have had 3 different heros all because one or both speakers distort or rattle after a few months of use. Now my current one is doing the same thing and i was EXTREMELY careful due to previous experiance not to have the volume higher than 3/4 of the way turned up which imo should not be loud enough to blow the speakers. The speakers do sound good but for some reason mine dont last.