{Sprint}I made the switch/ Questions along the roadGeneral

1. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

I did, they said it was 14 days, I also had Sprint check all the websites and she told me RS had the lowest price at the moment, so I will keep my eyes open just incase. Plus I got Sprint to credit me the activation $36 fee ;)

Would you of waited for the N III or something else ?? Just curious.

2. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I would've waited to see what the official specs of the NIII are, for sure. The speculations of their fitting a 5.9 inch screen in the same (or very close to) the same overall physical dimensions as the Note 2, really had me intrigued.

I'm also curious about the Moto X Phone. An a-la-carte phone sounds too good to be true, but it's intriguing enough that I'd have held back.

Again, that's not to say that I don't love the Note 2 because I really have had a great experience the past 5 months and I personally believe it's the best phone on the market right now, even with the HTC One release coming up.
  3. DonB

K, did you root yours, and if yes what recovery did you go with CWM or TWRP, from what I see TWRP is the way to go. I wish 4EXT was available.

4. drexappeal

Lol...been lagging on rooting.
    DonB likes this.
  5. tigmd99

tigmd99 Well-Known Member

How about LG Optimus PRO?? It is very similar to N2, but more powerful processor and great screen with similar battery consumption (according to early reviews). The negatives are lack of stylus and questionable software support down the road.
    DonB likes this.
  6. drexappeal

S-pen, removable battery, and microSD slot will always be X-factors for me. Plus, since Don is on Sprint, I don't think they're offering the Optimus G Pro.
    DonB likes this.
  7. tigmd99

tigmd99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, and he already ordered it...sorry, my bad.
    DonB likes this.
  8. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

Enjoy your new phone DonB:D
    DonB likes this.
  9. DonB

Thanks bro, appreciate it

Any advice before I get it today ??

10. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

If you haven't already, you might want to get a case. I heard the Note 2 feels "slippery". And it's kind of true :p I almost dropped the demo model at the Sprint store.
  11. DonB

Already have the case before I have the phone, LOL ;) Actually got 2

12. BIG CAT 7

BIG CAT 7 Well-Known Member

Why wait? Once the Note 3 is announced then people will be talking about the Note 4. It's a vicious cycle.

I had an upgrade available and was going to wait for the S4. Then I started to check out the Note 2. The decision was simple. I won't look back and have any regrets. This phone is just too bad ass. Wife inherited the S3 and I love my Note 2!!!!!!

Oh and I am Rooted and Unlocked with one click. It couldn't be easier!

Noticed you said you already ordered it, nice choice! You won't regret it.
    DonB likes this.
  13. DonB

Yep it is ordered and should be here today, and it is your favorite color White :D I assume you used an app to root ?? I will use ADB process myself (Odin3), as I am sure that will have to be the way depending on the version on the phone when I get it.

14. BIG CAT 7

BIG CAT 7 Well-Known Member

I used Adam Outlers One click over on XDA. It rooted and Unclocked the phone with virtually one click of the mouse. Pretty painless. I am sure there are other ways as well. Enjoy the "White" Note2, lol.
  15. DonB

I am on Sprint also, I think that app was for Verizon, as i read it somewhere, but I could be wrong, but the other was is just as easy also., cheers

I love Radio Shack, they send me an email telling me to to call Sprint to activate the phone, to call them, LOL Yah Right !!;)

16. drexappeal

I have advice for immediately after you get it. Register the phone on Samsung's website. I'm not sure if they're still doing it, but many of us got 50% off coupons to be used for up to 10 items (didn't have to be in a single purchase) from the Samsung website.

Because of that, I got 2 extra batteries w/ the extra battery charger and stand, all share media cast, and a bunch of other accessories (including the S-Pen w/ eraser). Can't beat 50% off for OEM stuff. Hopefully, they're still giving those out for new Samsung owners that register their phones.
    ScandaLeX and DonB like this.
  17. DonB

OK, got the phone last nite, set it all up, I will be taking the 4.1.2 OTA later today, then tonight I will be rooting it, here is a quick screen shot to show you the setup, cheers. Using the Apex launcher, which I much prefer, the only thing I miss from Touch Wiz, is one of their calender widgets that gives you the full month at a glance, but not a deal breaker

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

mrpnut likes this.
  18. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

There's an app for that. :D
    CONGRATS on your
    white
    Note 2!!!
    DonB likes this.
  19. DonB

I am sure there are many, but I like that exact one, have you see one like it elsewhere ?? I can take a screenie to show you if you need it. There are many that have month view, but not as nice and useful that I have found.

20. drexappeal

Check out Android pro widgets or colorized widgets. Both have a calendar widget
  21. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me Guide

What ^ said. :p
    I use Colorize.
  22. DonB

This is the widget I am talking about

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

23. almath

almath Well-Known Member

Business Calendar is nice.
    Touch Calendar
    DonB likes this.
  24. DonB

Any Skype users here, if yes are you able to get BT to work with Skype, I get no sound at all, maybe I am missing something.
  25. mrpnut

mrpnut THE WORLD IS YOURS Guide

Alright Don B now you rolling bro........;)
    DonB likes this.