Sprint in DFW

Last Updated:

1. Sgroh87

Sgroh87 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Right now I have AT&T, and I'm on my 30 day trial with the Samsung Captivate. I've really enjoyed the phone (once I started using ADW Launcher instead of touchwiz), but part of me still yearns for the EVO on Sprint.

That being said it would cost me about $40 a month more for the Sprint plan than for my current AT&T plan. I know we have 4G here, but for those of you with experience: is the Sprint service and the EVO worth the extra $40 a month? I'm not a heavy gamer or business user, but I do listen to a lot of music, watch a lot of videos, and would like to have working GPS. :p

Advertisement
  2. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I used to live in the DFW metroplex and traveled extensively throughout TX while I was there. Sprint service is Great in Tx!

Now my question, how the hell could Sprint cost you 40bucks more than ATT? In my research its the exact opposite...
    Sprint is 40bucks a month cheaper than ATT.

3. Sgroh87

Sgroh87 Active Member This Topic's Starter

The thing is, I'm on a family plan with four lines. Right now, I'm paying:

AT&T Family Plan secondary line: $9.99
    Unlimited family texting: $30 (about $7 per person)
    200 MB data/month: $15 (which I rarely exceed because of WiFi)
    AT&T total: about $32/month, excluding taxes

Sprint Unlimited talk, texting, data: $69.99
    4G premium: $10
    Business discount: 20%
    Sprint total: about $64/month, excluding taxes

If my whole family could switch, then it would be a no-brainer; unfortunately, my mom and sister are both mid-contract, and it would cost about $150 in early termination fees for them both to switch.

4. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I see.. I cant answer for family plans, sorry.
    A couple things to concider... In many cases (at least with individual plans), If you pay the ETF with ATT you will easily make up that money in about 4-6 mos, then its money in your pocket every month after that. It pays for itself, really.
    Sprint gives many discounts depending on where you work, bank, etc. I get 25% off for working part time at home depot.
    The EVO and Sprints network/prices are second to none.
    Good luck!

5. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I've got decent enough service everywhere around DFW, the only place my signal is ever low is in my own house lol but even then it's fine.